Author Topic: Water Temp Driving me Crazy!  (Read 596 times)

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
Water Temp Driving me Crazy!
« on: 01 January 2013, 16:41 »
Please can someone give me some peace.

My coolant temps were eratic to say the least, so I had both the Coolant temparature sensor and the thermostat replaced about 6 months ago.

It was all working fine until now, with the same situation as before.  The water temp will not reach 90c but get to and stay at around 70c.  If I use my heaters then it will drop a little.  The heaters are working fine, blowing out a steady stream of hot air, without any unusual noises or pauses.

Does anyone know of any other cause that it could be other than the obvious being the thermostat again.  I wouldn't have thought that the thermostat, I replaced would fail so soon.  It was a brand I've never heard of though, Circoli, bought from Euro Car Parts.

Thanks in earnest.
Turbocharged and liking it...

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Water Temp Driving me Crazy!
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2013, 17:08 »
Says stat all over it,ive just replaced mine with the same brand,hope it last longer than 6 months though :shocked:

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2013, 17:21 »
I would say its a faulty thermostat, I had mine replaced with a faulty one so needed to be replaced again.
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline mar_k

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2013, 23:29 »
ive used circolli in mine, not had any probs so far, i have also used them in previous cars with no issue

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2013, 23:53 »
did you use a genuine temperature sender? most people recomend only using genuine one
i think i love you.....