Author Topic: Air Con Fan Squealing like a Pig!  (Read 524 times)

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
Air Con Fan Squealing like a Pig!
« on: 06 December 2012, 21:41 »
I think the bearings in my air con radiator fan are defective, because the fan makes a loud whirring noise when the air con is switched on.  I've also had a close inspection when the air con is switched on and off and its definitely this fan, which is the bigger of the two.

I don't believe I have the relay fault, as the fan works perfectly fine and continuously, whilst only the air con is on.

Can anyone please tell me what size this fan is, as I want to order one asap.  Thanks for any help.
Turbocharged and liking it...

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
Re: Air Con Fan Squealing like a Pig!
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2012, 17:34 »
Dealers , euro ( use discount code ) or the good old scrappy
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2012, 21:57 »
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to go about replacing the air con fan on my AGU engine.  Will it have to be a radiator out job, or can I somehow get it out without going through this hassle?

Thanks in earnest.

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2012, 14:52 »
Job done!  My mechanic removed the old fan and fitted the new one in about an hour.  Took so long as it was rather fiddly removing the old one.  It can be done without taking off the bumper and slam panel.  You just have to take your time with it and it will get done.