Author Topic: Braking Jerk!  (Read 678 times)

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
Braking Jerk!
« on: 23 June 2012, 08:49 »
I appeal to your knowledge my dear people.

I have a 1999 Golf 1.8T AGU.

About 4 months ago, I fitted Pagid discs and pads up front and within a month the discs seem to have warped.  With the many family commitments and the fact that the car is rarely used at any speed higher than 50mph, I have just left it.

The problem is that recently, just when coming to a complete stop and pressing the brake pedal a bit sharp, there's a slight jerk.  It feels like the disc is moving forward a little.  I've noticed that this can also be recreated at speeds of approximately 20mph also.  Like I said, you won't notice it with ordinary driving but only on occassion and if jabbing the brakes at the speeds quoted.  In every other aspect the brakes work perfectly, bringing the car to a complete stop as they were designed for, with no pull to any side.

The brake fluid was replaced a year ago and is the max level in the reservoir tank.  Previously I've had the NSF wishbone replaced, and the other side is fine.  All my bushes and ARB links are in good condition. 

On some other posts, I've seen it mentioned about the discs becoming flat and needing turning or something? 

Any help will be most appreciated from a genuine enthusiast, trying to keep a classic dub on the road!
Turbocharged and liking it...

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Braking Jerk!
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2012, 09:10 »
It sounds like you have a warped disc, best bet is to replace them.

Offline rolty_gti

• GTI forum regular
Re: Braking Jerk!
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2012, 19:55 »
It sounds like you have a warped disc, best bet is to replace them.

+1
LCR Decor - Quality affordable home improvements, we also take on commercial work, www.lcr-decor.co.uk free quotes! essex/london/kent and surrounding areas. call lee-07984106950 e-mail-leerolt@lcr-decor.co.uk