Author Topic: Help....any advice welcone  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Lynne15

• Just got here
Help....any advice welcone
« on: 21 February 2018, 21:34 »
Hi thanks for taking time to read this I've just bought a 2004 vw golf gttdi car has been well looked after no noises rattling lights on dash etchowever went to shops tonight...when I cane out the car wouldn't go into gear unless engine was on the clutch pedal is going down but not springing completely back up there was no previous warning signs smells or noises..my brother advising new dmf and clutch which is a fortune raging having this issue after only having car less than a week can anyone think of any other causes til I get garage to look over it tomorrow

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
Re: Help....any advice welcone
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2018, 13:01 »
have you checked the clutch master cylinder first? its a hell of a lot cheaper fix!

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2018, 21:31 »
Exactly as Gambit wrote...if, once you get the car moving, there is no evidence of slipping or shuddering, then you should be looking at that master cylinder...first stop would be the fluid level and if it shows a low level, check for leaks in the line somewhere. Don't always assume the worst...we've all seen people spend lots of money to try and cure a simple glitch.

Please share your findings with us...other people may be helped by your experience. As far as I'm concerned, that's what this forum is all about.

Good luck!
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2018, 22:20 »
Slave cylinder would be my guess   :sad: