Author Topic: New maps released  (Read 4100 times)

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
New maps released
« on: 13 December 2018, 08:41 »
New maps (version 175) have been released at:
http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/maps/int/en/index.html

However, when downloading the file P175_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z, and trying to unpack it, the latest 7z software from https://www.7-zip.org/ says: Cannot open the file?
Anybody else had the same problem?
Anybody has been successful with the update?
Any help would be appreciated.
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: New maps released
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2018, 10:14 »
I always use WinRAR and not had any problems with VW map updates.

Offline clidds

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2018, 12:46 »
Unless I'm being stupid I can't see any new map updates are available? The last map update I can see is March 2018 which I already have installed?

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2018, 12:56 »
If you go through Discover Care, it offers you version 169 from March/April.
If you download it directly, version 175 is available.
P.S. On the fourth download, I got the file that I was able to extract.
So I am sorted for now.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2018, 00:48 by DanDuda48 »
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2018, 18:18 »
It's 175 from VW.de and discover care is a load of crap. Downloaded and installed these last week with no issues what so ever surprisingly  :grin:
7zip is the preferred unzip tool probably because it's free but sometimes it doesn't work because it needs updating. The download date format from VW.de is the wrong way round and shows 10/1/2018 when it's actually 1/10/18.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2018, 23:16 »
I'm still on the maps that came with the car. No matter what I try they always seem to fail at ~90% so I gave up. I use Google Maps or Waze instead.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2018, 12:26 »
I've just downloaded the zip and extracted it using WINRAR no problem only to find I now have more data than I can fit on the SD card?

What now?

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2018, 14:02 »
So guys, the one good thing about discover care is that it back up the original SD card for you before you begin the new copy.

If doing this outside the program (i.e. just downloading the maps form the website directly and copying them to the SD card), is it just a case of grabbing all the contents in the root directly of the original SD card and copying them across to the PC as a backup (in case things go wrong)?

Also, if I select my car - Golf GTi from 2017 (for my MK7.5), and then my head unit (Discover media), I noticed there are a couple of Europe packages available for download. Bundle 1 seems to be the whole of Europe, Bundle 2 seems to be just western Europe. any ideas which one the cars comes with from the factory ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2018, 14:35 »
I've just downloaded the zip and extracted it using WINRAR no problem only to find I now have more data than I can fit on the SD card?

What now?

Had that problem a few years ago and I just deleted the countries I didn't want on there until it fitted. Had absolutely no problems doing that. Just make sure you back up the card on the computer before formatting it.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 14 December 2018, 17:32 »
Sounds like you've downloaded nav pro maps which are bigger than discover nav. Nav pro maps are about 26-27gb and discover nav is only 14-15 gb.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.