Author Topic: thermometer off  (Read 1373 times)

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
thermometer off
« on: 06 December 2018, 10:54 »
Noticed something weird lately, the car's thermometer is consistently 3 - 3.5 degrees off the actual temperature. By actual I mean the temperature that other modern VAG cars are reading at the same point and time and which is consistent with some trusted and fairly accurate local meteo pages.

This has not to do with it being in a garage during the night or being slow to respond to the temp change when I take it out, same conditions apply to another car I cross checked temps with. Even after 15min out, it will just sit 3 to 3.5 degrees higher than it should be.

Anyone ever heard of something similar? Doesn't annoy me that much but I just don't have the time to take it to the dealer till Christmas most probably.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
Re: thermometer off
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2018, 14:23 »
Sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing. I'll remove and inspect the sensor tonight and if I see signs of damage I'm ordering a replacement directly.

Thanks a lot Watts!  :wink:

PS. Crap I have a feeling the lower front grille on the CS is an item fixed with glue as opposed to being removable on the standard MK7  :angry:
« Last Edit: 06 December 2018, 14:29 by scanesare »