Author Topic: Creaking Suspenion  (Read 7681 times)

Offline Wanderer7

• Just got here
Re: Creaking Suspenion
« Reply #10 on: 20 November 2018, 10:21 »
I have DCC and also have creaking from the front suspension, particularly over speed bumps in comfort setting.

I had this carried out by dealer in Jan 2017 - "Found creak on front lower wishbone bushes. Removed bushes and lubricated. Re-built road tested all OK".

It solved it for some time. But I have started to notice it's back again, so will probably have the fix done again at the next service.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 20 November 2018, 10:59 »
Only had mine just over 2 weeks, car has the Das welt warranty (2014 model)   took into dealers last week and they couldn’t find anything, rattles aren’t covered though - seems worse when cold or 1st thing in morning - oh and a £65 diagnostic charge for the pleasure - however the supplying dealer kindly paid that.
Never had a car that has rattled so much from rear - we do live down at the end of an old concrete lane that’s pretty poor but my wife’s and daughters cars are nice & quiet  - even my old Jeep Patriot wasn’t this bad.
Do the bilsteins make a massive difference?
Cheers

Phil

This really pisses me off. First thing they say - "oh, we'll need to do a diagnostic check first"

Aye, cos a diagnostic check is going to find a rattle isn't it!

Take it back to the dealer you got it from, give them the keys, and tell them to give you a call when the problem has been resolved, then walk out.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 20 November 2018, 11:02 »
With you having the car for less than 30 days aren't you entitled by law for them to either replace, repair or refund faulty goods?

Offline Philb280

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 20 November 2018, 19:27 »
Going to speak to supplying dealer - problem is I’m in Preston and he’s in Doncaster so not exactly on the doorstep- blooming frustrating to the point I’ve chosen to drive my daughters Corsa  :sad:

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 24 November 2018, 09:35 »
Any updates on this?

Offline Philb280

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 25 November 2018, 09:03 »
Hi
Been in touch with supplying dealer, the salesman is going to speak to service dept Monday so we shall see. Neither supplying  dealer or my local appears to be aware of shock issue although in another thread I came across it suggested my local dealer fitted new shocks under warranty for same issue.
Cheers

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 25 November 2018, 09:26 »
Whereabouts are you Philb280 and which dealer have you been to?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Philb280

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2018, 09:29 »
Hi
My local dealer is Lookers Preston - car was from  Hayselden in Doncaster.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2018, 11:08 »
Just hound them, complain, complain, complain.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 04 December 2018, 11:18 »
Had similar problem see below,was done on warranty .
2014 gti pp low mileage,The dealership changed both rear shock absorbers and replaced both front shocks and top mounts and nsf drop link all on warranty.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.