Author Topic: Current Lead times  (Read 15328 times)

Offline DaBaws

• Not said much yet
Re: Current Lead times
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2018, 23:34 »
Ive just accepted a lease for a GTI Performance 5 Door DSG and the lead time is 12 weeks?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 18 August 2018, 08:52 »
Must be a stock car and not a factory order then. Factory order will be upwards of 20 weeks possibly even 30.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline DaBaws

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2018, 12:11 »
Weird it is definitely a factory order. Ive added an option and they said its 12 weeks lead time. Says it in my quote too however they're terms and conditions state they won't be held responsible for delays of the car being delivered? Should i be worried because 12 weeks is the longest i can wait without a car.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2018, 12:19 »
Those will be standard terms and conditions, you can negotiate delivery timescale as part of your deal. Whether they are willing or even able to do that will depend on how much they want your business.

I doubt they will be able to do much with delivery timescales in the current climate, but you should at least be able to cancel without penalty if timescales become much longer than what they've told you.
7.5 GTD

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2018, 18:26 »
I'd be amazed if you get a factory order in 12 weeks. Minimum 20 weeks I would say.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2018, 09:23 »
Yes, 12 weeks is they have stock available (or already in flight)...

Or they are lying :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2018, 09:24 »
BTW, *every* performance Golf is a factory order.

There is no such thing as VW making one that isn't paid for and letting it sit on an airfield somewhere. Everything is just in time.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2018, 11:21 »
How accurate is the 'on line chat' Fred. I ordered a GTI PP only 3 weeks ago and the on line tracking confirms stage 2...at the factory.  The online chat then confirmed the car is currently down to be built WC 24 September which i think is week 39.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 August 2018, 11:43 »
BTW, *every* performance Golf is a factory order.

There is no such thing as VW making one that isn't paid for and letting it sit on an airfield somewhere. Everything is just in time.

Not strictly true. Mine was in stock and available in 7 days. But obviously someone had paid for it!
« Last Edit: 20 August 2018, 11:47 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 August 2018, 11:47 »
How accurate is the 'on line chat' Fred. I ordered a GTI PP only 3 weeks ago and the on line tracking confirms stage 2...at the factory.  The online chat then confirmed the car is currently down to be built WC 24 September which i think is week 39.

On line chat gave out incorrect, inaccurate information to some forum members over on uk-polos.net on content of some of the options available on the new Polo, so not all the information obtained via on line chat is accurate.

It’s also not unusual for on-line tracker to be slow to update. There've been instances of customers taking delivery of cars and the tracker is still at stage 5 or 6.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl