Author Topic: What seats?  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Daveh129

• Just got here
What seats?
« on: 06 February 2018, 20:06 »
Help! I’m looking to purchase a Mk7 Gti... normally I always go for leather interior.... what’s people’s thoughts on the checked cloth seats? I only have the Mk1 seats in my head, which at the time were great, but now... a little outdated? Or is the material that sets them off?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Re: What seats?
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2018, 20:16 »
Hi. Go for the Jacky Plaid Cloth. It’s not a GTi without cloth plaid seats.  They look great too and don’t look old fashioned.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2018, 20:27 »
The jacara cloth wins for me. Anything else removes part of the cars character.

Would be even better if it had leather or alcantara bolsters, but still good none the less.
7.5 GTD

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2018, 20:33 »
I had leather in my GTD and now chequered cloth in the GTi. Actually prefer the look and feel of the cloth and reckon the chequered pattern sets off the interior. Also he VW leather is very poor quality for such a high price so for me it was easy to pass this time
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2018, 20:40 »
It’s got to be red tartan IMO; It’s what makes the GTI interior special.

Leather’s available on all other Golf models apart from the base (S) model, so if you had leather, you could be sitting in pretty much any Golf. Leather can also be hot to sit on in warm/hot weather. The Art Velours alcantara option available on the GTI/GTD/GTE models does look quite nice though, although I’d save the £750 it would cost to spec it and I’d go for the standard tartan.

Go and have a look at a GTI with tartan trim; sit in it and see what you think. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2018, 20:56 »
I've not seen a GTI leather interior first hand but all the leather interiors in other VWs I've seen have been pretty poor imo. My Audi had fantastic leather seats, great to look at, comfortable and had a proper leather smell, well worth it. I wouldn't pay for it with VW. The Arts Velours looks better but again not seen in the flesh. But for me it has to be the tartan, looks great and really brightens the interior and adds character.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2018, 21:13 »
 I wasn't sure about the Tartan, but never liked the feel of sitting in leather. Was going for arts velour but couldn't find one with it in time.
Got to say I love the Tartan, especially as I have tornado red, think they just complement each other.
Also they are heated and I like that too.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2018, 22:18 »
I love the red tartan cloth in mine, thought it was odd when first saw it on the GTI but think it works well.

Plus you can get a cool keyring to match...  :cool:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2018, 16:04 »
I think the tartan seats really set the interior apart from standard. I like that keyring!
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2018, 19:26 »
Clubsport cloth is the one to go for...!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership