Author Topic: Mark 7,5 GTI or Mk 7 GTI PP  (Read 11052 times)

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
  • LOVING Father , Sport&History NUT ,PROUD GTI owner
Re: Mark 7,5 GTI or Mk 7 GTI PP
« Reply #60 on: 22 November 2017, 21:35 »
Honestly don't know if I'd replace my 7pp with a 7.5pp. I wouldn't be disappointed if I had to but by the time I replace mine in 3 years or so the mk8 will be out. The mk7 is a great car either 7 or 7.5  :smiley:

2 years time youll be in the mk 8 and we will be torching you saying its pants and 7.5is better....until we in one   :grin: :grin: :whistle:
7.5 GTI  DSG White Silver

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 22 November 2017, 21:39 »
One great thing about the 7.5 GTi is that you can get it with Bresia wheels. They look so amazing in real life and really suit the car so well. I wasn't bowled over with the pics but now I see them I'm so glad I upgraded.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
« Reply #62 on: 22 November 2017, 21:41 »
Guzzle you could have spared us aching fingers from hammering the keys hours ago  :grin: :angry:....well summed up in your post ... and yes BDay party runs are a massive thing when your 7 year old has a busier social life then you  :undecided:...i take it you don't have kids ?...and on that topic ...where else can you get a REAL hot hatch thats safe , practical , fun looks good and the badge imposes respect on the road for 30K.......all in all mk4 ,5 ,6 ,7 ,7.5 or even MC's mk8 thats not even real..yet GTI's , R's and VW Golfs in general amazing !!!...cant wait to officially be an owner ... T-36Hrs !!!!!!!!!

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
« Reply #63 on: 22 November 2017, 21:46 »
One great thing about the 7.5 GTi is that you can get it with Bresia wheels. They look so amazing in real life and really suit the car so well. I wasn't bowled over with the pics but now I see them I'm so glad I upgraded.
yeh they do look sweet ...do you feel it makes the ride much harder or noisier on the 19's? I opted to stay on the 18 Parkers based on general "comfort" and noise reviews for the 19's ...? Im sure its not much but curious none the less...PS anyone adding or have a Pedal box ..? Was going to have stage one done ...700 quid for 300BHP etc etc ...but with that comes the lack of AWD like on the R and hence wheel spin etc although reviews on stage 1's are amazing ...BUT ..warranty ??!!....pedal box seem a no brainer for 150 quid ...no additional power but instant throttle and again reviews on here are amazing with basically no warranty concerns....thoughts ?

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 22 November 2017, 22:21 »
Guzzle you could have spared us aching fingers from hammering the keys hours ago  :grin: :angry:....well summed up in your post ... and yes BDay party runs are a massive thing when your 7 year old has a busier social life then you  :undecided:...i take it you don't have kids ?...and on that topic ...where else can you get a REAL hot hatch thats safe , practical , fun looks good and the badge imposes respect on the road for 30K.......all in all mk4 ,5 ,6 ,7 ,7.5 or even MC's mk8 thats not even real..yet GTI's , R's and VW Golfs in general amazing !!!...cant wait to officially be an owner ... T-36Hrs !!!!!!!!!

LOL, no I don't. I have just about mastered how to look after myself! Added to which, you'd probably find me hanging around the Mk4 forum rather than discussing Mk7 vs Mk7.5 if my kid(s) turned out to be anything like I was. Come to think about it, I did go to rather a lot of party's as a 7 year old!
7.5 GTD

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
« Reply #65 on: 22 November 2017, 22:24 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:...youll get there...enjoy the freedom while it lasts  :evil:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 22 November 2017, 22:41 »
I think you made the correct choice. New fresh car, new tech, full warranty, etc etc... the MK7 is the "old" car now, and thats a fact, whether it puts some noses out of joint or not.

For what my opinion is worth I also hate the new standard GTI wheels but I didn't love the MK7 Austins much either tbh. If I was buying a new GTI I'd have to spec one of the 19's options.

In every other way, the facelift is the nicer car inside and out imo. Front end looks better / more aggressive. The exhaust pipes are nice and chunky now too - making the MK7 pipes look like pea shooters. I love all the new tech and I quite like the silly Audi indicators.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 23 November 2017, 07:15 »
The ride on the 19s is still exceptionally good and that is comparing to my previous GTD on 18s. No discernible increase in noise, on very bumpy roads it is slightly firmer but as we live rural I am talking about very poor roads to notice any difference.

The mega low profile Tyres do look great.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #68 on: 23 November 2017, 09:58 »
.........pedal box seem a no brainer for 150 quid ...no additional power but instant throttle and again reviews on here are amazing with basically no warranty concerns....thoughts ?

Not sure that's the case.  I'm reading on some other (non-VW) forums that dealers are detecting readings in the ECU from a pedal box.  Whether or not that affects the warranty.....who knows.  Unless you're prepared to fight the dealer legally they can just point to the warranty statement about modifications. 

I'm thinking of fessing up to my dealer as I've only been running the pedal box for a short time.  I figure if it's OK, then no stress.  However if they insist it voids my warranty it is probably early enough to ditch the pedal box and save my warranty, as I have a good relationship with my service manager.  I'm keen to keep it that way.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline JackB

• Just got here
« Reply #69 on: 23 November 2017, 10:34 »
This is the choice I was faced with last month, between an 18 month old mk7 GTI PP and 6 month old mk7 GTI. I appreciate that neither was a brand new car so it's not the exact same dilemma but it is similar.

I actually went for the mk7 GTI PP for a number of reasons, I just about prefer the look of the car externally (mainly because I can't stand the mk7.5 wheels) and wanted the bigger brakes & diff. The power being the same didn't enter into my thinking as I always planned to put a tuning box into it and the gains were pretty much the same with both cars. The mk7 was a nicer colour too which always helps, it's in black whereas the mk7.5 was in white and as I don't like white cars I'd have had to get it wrapped which wasn't the end of the world but would've added extra expense. I drove both cars on pretty heavy test drives and felt much more comfortable throwing the mk7 into corners than the mk7.5, just felt it stuck to the road slightly better overall.

On the flip side, I was a bit gutted to miss out of the digital dash as I think it's really smart. However it's nowhere the Audi TT one which is what I'd been expecting before testing it. Equally I do miss the car-play functionality that was in my Polo and is standard on the mk7.5, but don't really want to spend the £200+ to get it added to the mk7. The adaptive cruise control looks nicer on the mk7.5 as well as it's built into the VW badge instead of being in a box underneath it.

All in all, I'd always go for the performance pack option of the two and I think that's more important than getting the mk7.5, well it was to me anyway. So in fairness, if the mk7.5 in their showroom had got the PP then I'm sure I'd be driving around in that car!