Author Topic: Weird behaviour when I get out with the ignition on.  (Read 3169 times)

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
Re: Weird behaviour when I get out with the ignition on.
« Reply #10 on: 17 November 2017, 14:08 »
Isn't this just the auto stop/start working. Do you notice when it doesn't stop the A within a circle with a line through it comes up on the central instrument display. I take it that this means the auto stop/start is disabled.
This exact same scenario happens in my wife's car and it is erratic as to whether it will stay on or switch off.
This was my thought also.

Auto start stop doesnt work with the door open or handbrake on which comes on when you open the door.
But if the engine has auto stopped then as soon as you open the drivers door it will turn the ignition off for you. Whether the stop/start system cuts the engine is dependent on many factors so it won't always do it.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2017, 17:14 by eatontrifles »
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 November 2017, 17:45 »
Isn't this just the auto stop/start working. Do you notice when it doesn't stop the A within a circle with a line through it comes up on the central instrument display. I take it that this means the auto stop/start is disabled.
This exact same scenario happens in my wife's car and it is erratic as to whether it will stay on or switch off.
This was my thought also.

Auto start stop doesnt work with the door open or handbrake on which comes on when you open the door.
But if the engine has auto stopped then as soon as you open the drivers door it will turn the ignition off for you. Whether the stop/start system cuts the engine is dependent on many factors so it won't always do it.

I've stopped at lights and the stop start has kicked in and I've got out to get stuff out of the boot and all the car did was put the handbrake on when I opened the door. I've a manual btw.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 17 November 2017, 21:26 »
Mine turns the ignition off every time I open the drivers door wether I press the key or not