Author Topic: Adjustable luggage compartment floor?  (Read 3326 times)

Offline andyb_123

• Not said much yet
Re: Adjustable luggage compartment floor?
« Reply #10 on: 14 November 2017, 21:38 »
The extra space is really useful. When we hired a MK7 on holiday when they first came out we weren't impressed by the boot (smaller than our old mk5 boot) but didn't know you could lower the floor. Without it we couldn't fit our two suitcases in the boot - which easily fitted the Mk5 boot.

The GTe and R don't have the option to lower the floor because of battery/crazy 4wd stuff.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2017, 10:18 »
The extra depth is sometimes quite useful to be honest. I've been grateful for it when I've hired a rug doctor (although it fits at the higher level, it rattles about and occasionally taps the rear window).

I must say when I hired the Rug Doctor I was very impressed with the finish, fell in love with my wife again.

Actually Lol'd at that myself  :wink:
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 15 November 2017, 16:35 »
I moved the luggage floor to the lower level today.

It feels much more keyed in at the rear with improved balance through sweeping turns, I think this is most likely down to the lower centre of gravity compared to the "elevated" floor position. :)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2017, 16:45 »
The sixteen bags of sand you are carrying are lower :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jovicente

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 15 November 2017, 21:25 »
In uk spare tire come in full size?
Besides extra space, in Argentina 2 levels are because some models comes with full size spare tire. And gti comes with temporary tire.
Those like me who want a full size wheel we need this part.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/rear-lock-carrier-trim/5gm86345982v/
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7150519-Step-by-step-DIY-spare-tire-mod&highlight=5GM86345982V

Also, oem trunk plastic mat only fit in upper position.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #15 on: 16 November 2017, 13:50 »

It feels much more keyed in at the rear with improved balance through sweeping turns, I think this is most likely down to the lower centre of gravity compared to the "elevated" floor position. :)

I've been missing out on that extra bit of cornering prowess. What will I do!!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2017, 00:02 »

For the ultimate in balance you should try the modified lightweight boot floor made from polystyrene and angel breath.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 18 November 2017, 14:15 »

For the ultimate in balance you should try the modified lightweight boot floor made from polystyrene and angel breath.

Have you got a pic of the polystyrene boot liner and part number please?