Author Topic: Strange lighting issue  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Reebzluke

• Not said much yet
Strange lighting issue
« on: 07 November 2017, 20:05 »
So all of a sudden the golf has lost passenger headlight passenger tail light passenger brake light and both reverse lights.

Checked all fuses and bulbs and they are fine... I am bemused as the rear indicator works on that side?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: Strange lighting issue
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2017, 21:28 »
This may not be relevent to your problem because mine is a LHD model..not spec'd to the UK versions. Mine has a relay type thingy under the dashboard which splits all the lighting into Right side and Left side lighting...nothing to do with fuses and bulbs...if either relay fails, all the lighting on that side stops working.

Just to clarify...each side has its own relay gizmo. No help to you, but mine are situated on a little shelf under the steering column.

Dunno if this might help you...but I offer it in good faith.

The indicators are on the same circuit as the hazard lights, which are separate from the other systems...that's why they are all working.
« Last Edit: 08 November 2017, 08:40 by bgbazz »
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Reebzluke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2017, 18:30 »
Thanks mate I will check it out

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2017, 21:05 »
As I said earlier...mine may be a bit different from yours, particularly in the location of these relays...yours might be behind the glove box, but I'm trying hard to help you out. Mine definately has a RHS and a LHS relay system and I can't imagine why yours won't be the same.

Let us all know how you get on.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Reebzluke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2017, 17:55 »
Issue solved, a bulb wasn’t it properly And was stuck in there so I managed to get it out and changed all seems good thank you

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2017, 06:26 »
Glad you got it sorted.   :smiley: