Author Topic: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats  (Read 10311 times)

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Re: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats
« Reply #30 on: 30 October 2017, 16:10 »
Mine has creaked for months, and it drives me mad, everytime i shift it the seat, theres the damn noise.... I found a fix was to adjust the seat to a higher level and it cured , but felt the seating position was way too high for me then!!
I will try the grease fix and see what that does..
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 31 October 2017, 09:09 »
I found raising it slightly worked for a short while but it some back. I’m sure the creaking is coming from the seat back not the frame/runners on mine

Phone vw uk and local dealer and non of them had a clue and said they didn’t know of any issues with these seats
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 31 October 2017, 09:20 »
Yea same here the dealers or Vw have no clue about it, and when i took mine it, typically after driving 40 mile to my dealer the creak was not there when i was parked up!.
It is annoying, i have had the plastic trim off the back of the seat and used bits of foam to seal the edges where plastic meets plastic.. think i may be defeated on this one
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 31 October 2017, 13:50 »
I had a couple of clios with Recaros one car freaked one was fine

The one that freaked was the bracket which the backrest mounted too coming slightly loose

To access them was a pain though as the airbag covers are tamper proof

Do the panels on the golf recaro seats come off ok?
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 06 November 2017, 15:19 »
I haven't got the buckets but I have found there are a lot of creaks and rattles in the car (ED40) - bit disappointing (and annoying) to be honest.
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 06 November 2017, 17:12 »
I haven't got the buckets but I have found there are a lot of creaks and rattles in the car (ED40) - bit disappointing (and annoying) to be honest.

The irony of your name in that case :laugh:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 09 June 2018, 21:35 »
I fixed mine, i found that it was the grey plastic on the back making a noise when it came into contact with the black glossy plastic, i got the wife to travel in the back :evil: and she confirmed the noise, so i took the grey panels off, saw that reccaro had already put tiny pieces of sticky back cloth in here and there, so i bought some myself and lined all the edges, put the panels back in and a month later no more creaks from the seat at all... :cool:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline nikkinokkinoo

• Just got here
« Reply #37 on: 18 November 2019, 21:54 »
Hi there, I got my CCS in June - I drove it a bit over the summer and the drivers seat has creaked / squeaked pretty much since I owned it.  Warranty is out shortly so I booked it in at Drift Bridge to have them take a look.  I may try the white grease trick see if that works - not the end of the world but really annoying. Car is only on 5k.

On a side note people must be coming up to 3rd yr service and MOT - where in South East is good dealership - any recommendations ?