Author Topic: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats  (Read 10193 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2017, 12:26 »
I had a similar issue with my Touareg at first the front drivers seat started creaking and got it very annoying,the dealer tried to fob me off because the 10 stone supposed master Tec could not hear it until i took him out for a test drive and it creaked loudly when your weight shifted from left to right.

Dealer then changed the cage on the base of the seat and fault was cured,6 months later passengers side did the same and despite telling them what the problem was i went through the same hassle until they changed that one and now both seats are quiet.

The noise was very a loud creak and not the type of rattle/creak you would ignore, maybe the same problem with yours ? spare parts cost £400 each and was done under warranty so that is maybe why they were not keen on changing them as they would have to justify the parts cost ,not my problem i kindly explained  :grin:
« Last Edit: 22 September 2017, 12:27 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2017, 14:30 »
^^^Thanks for that.  Yes, mine is loud creaking, I will have to pop into the dealer and see what they say.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 12 October 2017, 19:39 »
Quick update.  I have now been creak free for 2 whole weeks. :laugh:  To get rid of them I pushed the seat as far forward as it would go then I jacked it up to the maximum (I always have mine set to the lowest it will go).  I then looked underneath and spray greased all of the moving pivot points (I think there were 4) that allow the seat to move up and down and hey presto, no creaking. :cool:  Whether this turns out to be a permanent solution, who knows, but I will update the thread if there is anything further to report.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2017, 19:48 »
Good news

My car has 750 miles now and the seat has creaked since I picked it up with 11m on The clock and is getting worse gradually

I have my seat alsmost as far back as it goes and as low as it goes (still too high - standard GTI seats much better driving position!)

I found the creaking reduced when I raised the seat by 1 pull of the height adjustment.

I will try doing this as you

Did you used white lithium grease or just ptfe spray or something?

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Last Edit: 12 October 2017, 20:43 by TurboTrev »

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2017, 21:39 »
Yeah got plenty of that cheers. Ptfe bicycle chain wax is pretty good at this sort of thing too I’ll see what the access is like.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 12 October 2017, 21:55 »
Good news

My car has 750 miles now and the seat has creaked since I picked it up with 11m on The clock and is getting worse gradually

I have my seat alsmost as far back as it goes and as low as it goes (still too high - standard GTI seats much better driving position!)

I found the creaking reduced when I raised the seat by 1 pull of the height adjustment.

I will try doing this as you

Did you used white lithium grease or just ptfe spray or something?

Seriously? When I was driving my sister's Clubsport I was saying that the seating was higher but I was putting it down to the feel of the seat and not that the seat was actually higher than standard, I knee I wasn't imagining it. She thought that there was no way they would have the seating position higher in the car but it is her first Mk7
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2017, 22:09 »
I drove and ed 40 with cloth seats and one with buckets and 2 S with buckets and the normal seats are definitely lower.

I can see the bonnet in my car , I couldn’t on my mk6 or the other mk7 with normal seats as Theyre lower.

Seems to be a trait with Recaro shell seats as my clip was set high and the focus rs seats are set way too high.

Would be good if a height adjust delete kit comes available as this would lower the seat a good inch I bet.

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 14 October 2017, 12:53 »
Touch wood mine haven't started creaking yet but interesting find tt  :wink:, I might just spray them anyway......I did try an rs a while ago and felt way too high even on lowest setting, better in the ed40 for me anyway although on lowest setting.

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 14 October 2017, 13:15 »
I had a test drive in a Clubsport with buckets and ended up buying a Clubsport with standard seats. I can also confirm, as others have already stated that the standard seats feel lower.
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.