Author Topic: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats  (Read 10293 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats
« on: 17 September 2017, 11:41 »
Unfortunately, my CS developed a creaking driver's seat (buckets) after about 1,000 miles.  I haven't taken it back to the dealers yet, but is this something that they are obliged to fix under warranty, or will it be a fight?

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2017, 12:49 »
quiet a few German Clubsport owners have been complaining about this issue with the bucket seats for some time. One of the reasons why I went with the standard sport seats along with the fact that the armrest, sliding console cover and rear heater/ventilation plus side airbag are all omitted to facilitate the bucket seats. If I were you I would insist on getting the problem sorted with your dealer even if it means having the seat replaced which some German owners ended up having done.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2017, 13:52 »
All I can say is mine don't rattle so your shouldn't either, meaning I would make sure this is fully resolved at VW's cost.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2017, 17:17 »
Mine do not rattle, however I am not too happy with the drivers side right seat bolster as it seems to lack the firmness (packing) of the other bolsters and it already has some deep creases. Has anyone else experienced this?

One of the other lads on the forum experience a creaking seat and the dealer resolved - something had worked loose so I would take it back to get sorted.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2017, 09:28 »
Ours creak too, its going in for a service soon so was going to ask to look at it.

Anyone know if an official VW fix is around?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2017, 15:36 »
Ours creak too, its going in for a service soon so was going to ask to look at it.

Anyone know if an official VW fix is around?

Dave
I'm not aware of a fix Dave, but there seems to be quite a few suffering the same on the German forum, so surely there is?  My fear is that VW will say creaks are normal and I'll then have a fight on my hands.  I was hoping one or two people would come forward as having it sorted out so I could use this to strengthen my position when I visit the dealership.  When is your service due?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2017, 20:01 »
Worth a friendly word with Recaro UK?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2017, 20:31 »
Do Recaro not still have a lifetime warranty?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2017, 21:05 »
I don't see why you're worrying about whether the dealer will fix it or not. Its under warranty. Bring the car in. Ask for a tech to come with you on a test drive. Hopefully the problem is easily reproduce on the test drive and you get a tech that's reasonably clued in. In these cases they'd usually query VW to see if it's a common/known problem and what their recommended fix is. That could be anything from a squirt of lube to replacing part(s).
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Micky1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2017, 22:16 »
Mine don't creak.