Author Topic: Kwik Fit Insurance faff  (Read 8493 times)

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
Kwik Fit Insurance faff
« on: 14 June 2017, 20:52 »
Mk 7.5 is on order, likely to arrive mid July.

I started getting insurance quotes, the renewal on my current car is mid August so my plan was to flip the insurance onto the new plate for a month then start afresh. This would incur a £30 charge on the policy, which I was prepared to accept. However Kwik Fit have gone bust, they are no longer accepting new policies or any changes to current policies. They want £50 to cancel (this is the agreed cancellation fee) so I can go to a new insurer as they won't insure me on the golf.

This leaves me in a bit of a corner really. Kwik fit gave me two options 1) Cancel for £50 and get proof of no claims to take elsewhere. 2) let the policy run at which point they will provide proof of no claims at the end of the policy.

They have a 'sister' company which is taking former customers, there is no fee to move to this company and they will waive any fee's. However the quote is £680 versus £216 I can get at various other places.

Seems to me I have no option but to pay the cancellation fee...

Any help, thoughts, opinions would be appreciated.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Kwik Fit Insurance faff
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2017, 10:37 »
50 quid? On a 25k car? Just pretend one of the options cost 50 more. Pay it, forget about it, enjoy car  :tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2017, 13:38 »
£50 is still £50, its a tank of fuel!

Anyway, got through to KFI today and they will change the car on the policy free of charge, however there is a £50 surcharge over my current car (BS). So I think the best option is to go with that and pick up my additional NCB in September and move onto a different company. Been quoted in the region of £230-250 at numerous places.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2017, 13:50 »
Indeed but it's nothing in the bigger picture. 3 months time, your quote might have moved 50 quid.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity