Author Topic: Brakes failed when approaching an island?!  (Read 3096 times)

Offline jaygolfgti

• Not said much yet
Brakes failed when approaching an island?!
« on: 08 April 2017, 19:22 »
The other day, as I was driving along, I said to my friend; the brakes wheel a little less effective. But I didn't think much of it. Later, approaching an island, they didn't work at all, thank fully there was nothing in front otherwise I'd have crashed at 40 mph.
Then, they worked again. I called the breakdown out and he checked for a leak, couldn't find any and did a quick test and they were working. However, I drove it home at very low speeds and approaching an island the same began to happen. Simply put, I believe they stopped working when heavy breaking, but was working at slight breaking - although still less effective.

To explain, they felt 'crunchy' and hard, but didn't go down to the floor as I was asked that. Strange. I am having the breakdown take it to VW next week. But here is the strange thing; VW had my car in two weeks ago from where it passed MOT and service.

I've had an ABS symbol on for sometime now and VW double checked it and it was the sensor, this was replaced but then the symbol came back, my error reader said it was now the other sensor gone faulty. But there was also another code which I wasn't able to find anything about online.

What could this be??

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: Brakes failed when approaching an island?!
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2017, 08:37 »
List the codes.
Sounds dangerous to drive IMHO. I'd get it recovered to a garage before you do have an accident.

Build thread clicky

Offline jaygolfgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2017, 13:13 »
The code I couldn't read is: 04639.
The other code was faulty sensor.
It will be going to a garage as said.

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2017, 06:45 »
What was the outcome?
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk