Author Topic: Polizei 911 Turbo Techart (Part 2)  (Read 3143 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Polizei 911 Turbo Techart (Part 2)
« on: 27 April 2009, 12:25 »
Part 2 (Sorry I had to split the thread as I exceeded 10 000 characters lol)

The car was then given two coats of Collonite applied with a foam applicator. The bonnet being matte black was a slight worry as I didnt know how it would react to some products. After 2 coats of collonite it was reacting wonderfully and had a deep sheen to it. Well impressed.

Then I spent a good hour cleaning the seals, door linings, etc etc getting rid of excess polish, removing trapped dirt in the kit and such.

The interior:

The interior was in good condition. Especially the leather. Albeit a little dirt it was liveable. I used Chemical Guys Pure Leather Cleaner and moisturiser. This product has once again impressed me. It effectively cleaned the leather and restored the finish.

The before is on the right and the after is on the left.

The carpets were also looking a little dirty so they were ripped out and cleaned with APC 3000 and treated with Liqui Moly Cockpit Care for a fresh smell.

Once again. Before on the left, After on the right. The carpet on the right had only been treated once. It was treated again the result were exceptional. I love the "In suspension" method of cleaning carpets. Highly effective.

At this point the seals, linings, wheels and engine bay were treated to Chemicals Guys O New Car Dressing. Another highly recommended product.

The exhausts, Aluminium "Turbo" trim and engine metals were treated to Autosol Metal Polish. Easy to use and very good. Pity it makes your cloths black though...

The plastic inside the car, boot and such were treated to Liqui Moly Cockpit Care (Matte Effect). Simply spray on. Leave for a few minuted and wipe off. I used the Vanilla flavoured version and what a gorgeous smell. Its exactly like Vanilla. Soft and rich. I found the mixture of new car leather and Vanilla simply awesome. BTW this is not a foam. Its like a deoderant and leaves no residue on leather and goes where you spray it. I found these little features a great relief.

I used Liqui Moly Windscreen Cleaner foam for the Windscreen and windows... Once again. Amazing results. No overspray and no rubbing and stress. Just clean shiny windows.

The key was then also cleaned and treated to Liqui Moly Cockpit Care and placed in the ignition for the owner.

In conclusion

What a wonderful detail. Being 18 years old I found it a huge pleasure to be working on a car of this caliber and then of course the owner and his wife. Lovely people who were helpful, caring and extremely generous. Happy to provide me with drinks, food and tons of attention. The owner (who claims its my fault  :grin: ) is now obsessed with his car and in essence that is the point of detailing.

The highlights of this detail ironically was the car getting stuck outside as my own dad did this with his Porsche too. Also the exhaust note inside the garage when the owner switched the car off on the few times it was started. What a BOOM. Deep grunt like I was awaking a grizzly bear. I love that sound. But having done a variety of vehicles I feel the best thing about this detail was the hospitality of the owner and his wife. Truly brilliant.

Here are the afters. My apologies for the lack of artiness... We wanted to take the car up to a nice location but ran out of time...

I hope you guys found this interesting to read and I look forward to hopefully getting my paws on a few more Porsche's.

All comments are welcome.  :smiley:

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
Re: Polizei 911 Turbo Techart (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2009, 15:18 »
Another spot on detail dude, an another porsche for us all to drool over!!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2009, 15:39 »
Thanks Mate  :smiley:

Hopefully there will be a few more after this one too... As I have heard my name doing the rounds lol

Mike

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2009, 21:35 »
:shocked: well done mike good write up, luvly car :drool:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2009, 15:16 »
:shocked: well done mike good write up, luvly car :drool:

Thanks Cookiemonster :smiley:

Guess people here dont really like the Porsche or the detail as not many have commented  :sad:

Mike

Join our group now!