Author Topic: I'm confused!!!!  (Read 5563 times)

Offline jimmybeattie

• Just got here
I'm confused!!!!
« on: 04 August 2008, 13:05 »
Right here goes, i've looked at all the topics on here relating to the best dump valve/ bov/ recirc valve/ split-r valve and all i have managed to do is confuse myslef! :embarassed:

all i want is a valve that makes a louder noise than the standard crappy thing, is reliable (eg doesnt mess up air flow sensor) and doesnt cost the earth!  how hard can that be?

anybody give me a nice simple answer to my problems?  :undecided:

thanks

mjv

Re: I'm confused!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2008, 13:11 »
for noise go for - forge spltr

personally i would recommend forge 007P as i havent heard much good stuff about forge spltr valve coz like you said it does mess up the air flow etc when you use it on atmospheric mode to get the sound.

forge 007P the best...

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2008, 13:27 »
i got a splitr on mine well did have but found my bosch 1 sounded better witht the map and a induction i may sell it shortly

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2008, 14:08 »
I got the split R and wouldnt recommend getting it tbh, has thrown me into limp mode a few times!

Get an induction kit and the 007 or a baileys recirc (nobody ever mentions them on here, they are good too)
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2008, 14:08 »
Forge FMCL007P is deffo the best DV upgrade.  If you want extra noise from it, then get an Ind. kit which will 'amplify' the sound (don't expect any extra bhp, though). :afro:
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2008, 14:32 »
IIRC i had a conversation with Toph at GTI Festival who said that if a Split R fails then Forge replace it with the 007 no questions asked so you can draw your own conclusions from that  :wink:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2008, 21:34 »
007P

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline G60GTI16V

• I live here
  • GTI Mk1, 2, 3, 4 now VRS Hell Yea!
« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2009, 10:39 »
IIRC i had a conversation with Toph at GTI Festival who said that if a Split R fails then Forge replace it with the 007 no questions asked so you can draw your own conclusions from that  :wink:
they will do because the split-r is more expensive than the 007!

Offline G60GTI16V

• I live here
  • GTI Mk1, 2, 3, 4 now VRS Hell Yea!
« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2009, 10:41 »
they will do because the split-r is more expensive than the 007!
i have both valves and once my company car goes and i start running my vag again i will be running both for a week and letting u guys know which is the best performer.

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2009, 10:56 »
cheapo ebay CAI with a 007p sounds awesome! :grin: :laugh: