Author Topic: Clubsport S - Colours, Spec & Info ...  (Read 35247 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Clubsport S - Colours, Spec & Info ...
« Reply #80 on: 23 October 2016, 09:43 »
I expect a few dealer employees or their families will be in on the act.
VW won't care, as said, they had their money and will milk the fact that these are sought after models.
As for anyone mug enough to pay some of those inflated prices, it'll either be a case of "a fool and their money.." or a good investment depending on the market. A risky market in some ways with Brexit looming but then again if the money is sat in the bank doing absolutely zilch then why not enjoy it by buying a Volkswagen shaped ornament.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GT4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #81 on: 23 October 2016, 11:21 »
I think the CS-S is going to be a similar scenario to the BMW 1M ... straight after launch sold for £2k above list then dropped to £3-5k below list then just kept going up and up after 5 years ... I would estimate that if you kept your CS-S for 5 years you will get pretty much back what you paid for it ... after all this is VW's first and very good attempt at making a true limited run GT type car, unlike the edition 40 where literally thousands have been made across the world as opposed to a mere 400 which is Porsche 918 spyder territory ... Time will tell i guess! But with the Top Gear Awards showing well for the CS-S all it needs is a podium from EVO and will surely galvanise the attraction and demand and therefore future value ...?!!

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #82 on: 23 October 2016, 12:35 »
I think the CS-S is going to be a similar scenario to the BMW 1M ... straight after launch sold for £2k above list then dropped to £3-5k below list then just kept going up and up after 5 years ... I would estimate that if you kept your CS-S for 5 years you will get pretty much back what you paid for it ... after all this is VW's first and very good attempt at making a true limited run GT type car, unlike the edition 40 where literally thousands have been made across the world as opposed to a mere 400 which is Porsche 918 spyder territory ... Time will tell i guess! But with the Top Gear Awards showing well for the CS-S all it needs is a podium from EVO and will surely galvanise the attraction and demand and therefore future value ...?!!
My brother in law has just taken delivery of his second 918 spyder. Puts it all into perspective really😀
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 23 October 2016, 12:51 »

It will certainly be interesting to see how values pan out!  My prediction is that there will be little or no profit to be made, even in the short term.  I also reckon it will also devalue over five years, slower than most other cars, but nevertheless it will drop.  As has been said, only time will tell!

Offline 12-R

• Not said much yet
« Reply #84 on: 23 October 2016, 18:07 »
Wondering if anyone had confirmation of their car being built?
According to the tracker mine was supposed to be built this week, but that has now changed to; the date for build of your car has been confirmed and will begin shortly.

Offline GL33chy

• Just got here
« Reply #85 on: 23 October 2016, 18:29 »
Wondering if anyone had confirmation of their car being built?
According to the tracker mine was supposed to be built this week, but that has now changed to; the date for build of your car has been confirmed and will begin shortly.

My CS-S is now at stage 4 build in progress. Went to that stage last week so I'm hoping for mid November delivery?

Jonny
Black - Golf Clubsport S on Order....
Dolphin Blue - VX220 Daily

Offline GT4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #86 on: 23 October 2016, 22:08 »
My brother in law has just taken delivery of his second 918 spyder. Puts it all into perspective really😀
How can you possibly get delivery of two 918 Spyder's - is he in the uk ...? Lucky man  :shocked:

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #87 on: 24 October 2016, 06:55 »
How can you possibly get delivery of two 918 Spyder's - is he in the uk ...? Lucky man  :shocked:
I've no idea but he owns a grey one and has just got a white one.  And he lives in the UK.
He's taken me for a spin in the grey one but it can't go any faster than my GTI on our roads. 
It looks incredible though!
Picture of the white one

And the grey one
[url=https://flic.kr/p/F1AmJL]
« Last Edit: 24 October 2016, 16:37 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #88 on: 24 October 2016, 09:04 »
I think the CS-S is going to be a similar scenario to the BMW 1M ... straight after launch sold for £2k above list then dropped to £3-5k below list then just kept going up and up after 5 years ... I would estimate your CS-S for 5 years you will get pretty much back what you paid for it ... after all this is VW's first and very good attempt at making a true limited run GT type car, unlike the edition 40 where literally thousands have been made across the world as opposed to a mere 400 which is Porsche 918 spyder territory ... Time will tell i guess! But with the Top Gear Awards showing well for the CS-S all it needs is a podium from EVO and will surely galvanise the attraction and demand and therefore future value ...?!!
I hope for you this happens but I don't think it will.
Short term I think the values will rise. Longer term say 5 years time the new GTI will be out. Chassis will have improved and the then GTI will have similar power but a superior chassis and probably lap times. The CS-S will then simply fade into the history books.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #89 on: 24 October 2016, 09:34 »
On a side note Mr. GT4,
As a GTI enthusiast it would be great to see, as your in Teesside and Mr. DTUK is in Durham how about sorting out a photoshoot of your two cars once you both recieve them.  :cool:
« Last Edit: 24 October 2016, 09:38 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.