Author Topic: Drive the Deal/ Carwow  (Read 5172 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Drive the Deal/ Carwow
« on: 21 March 2019, 09:03 »
Just weighing up options at the moment to see whats available.

Only used Carwow before, not Drive the Deal. Using Carwow to spec up the car, wait for the offers from dealers and go from there. However, yesterday I priced up a car via Drive the Deal, registered my inquiry for a finance quote and received a phone call a few hours later with figures. I asked for this to be emailed across to me, hoping to be able to go into a dealership and show them. The chap on the phone said its only a verbal offer and they wont email out the quote.

Where did I go wrong? See loads of people before using Drive the Deal and walking into Dealerships with quotes
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline boardlord

• GTI forum regular
Re: Drive the Deal/ Carwow
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2019, 09:10 »
Take a screen shot of the offer page on their website.

Paste it into Word and then print it off.

You cant print from DtD's website as you'll get no figures on the print out.

Take that to the dealership with you.

Your welcome 
2019 MK7.5 GTi PP, 3dr, DSG, Indium Grey, Heated screen, Pan roof, 90% tints.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2019, 10:26 »

Your welcome

Thanks, I have done this before, but both the local dealers actually wanted a VW quote, not just a screenshot/ offer pasted into Word  :sad:
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2019, 10:31 »

Your welcome

Thanks, I have done this before, but both the local dealers actually wanted a VW quote, not just a screenshot/ offer pasted into Word  :sad:

That's probably their way of saying they don't want to match the quote. Why not just order from DtD?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2019, 10:43 »
That's the way DTD work. I found them very pushy. Also, when I queried the spec with them, it wasn't quite what I asked for. Carwow so much better. Once you are registered, you get as many quotes as you want on as many cars/specs as you want. You can also go in and look at any other models and see what are immediately available.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2019, 10:49 »
I used orangewheels to get a quote and then contacted the dealer directly.
Local dealer wasn’t interested at that price, as seems to be the case for OP
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2019, 10:58 »
Just use Drive The Deal :cool:

MK7 GTi

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2019, 11:14 »
Local dealer wouldn't even talk about matching a deal when I showed it to him on VW dealer letterhead.

There are obviously sales reasons for that, but it did shut him up with his line of "that's not from an official VW dealership"

As far as I know, nobody else gets it as low as DTD...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2019, 13:02 »
I'd expect all franchised dealers will have heard of Drive The Deal by now. Certainly all the competent ones. It's not as if they're a fly by night company. I ordered my Mk5 through them 15 years ago.

If your local dealer won't take you at your word, just run the quote on your smartphone while they watch.

On the other hand, if you use Carwow you can sometimes beat them down on price a bit. One of my local dealers lowered their offer to within about £200 of DtD via Carwow when I told them how far away they were from DtD.
7.5 GTD

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2019, 14:25 »
Just use DTD. They're always the cheapest in my experience, beating the cheapest carwow quote by a comfortable margin.

DTD usually put you in touch with the fleet arm of a dealership group, where allocation of limited stock isn't as tight as it is through the retail channels.

If you want to benefit from DTD pricing but don't use them, they'll end up folding and then you'll have to find another reference low quote to beat your dealer down to.

My Polo GTI+ was delivered from Listers Nuneaton to my place of work in Newcastle upon Tyne on the back of a trailer - included in the price.

I didn't wait long for it either, due to their easier access to fleet allocation. Right now there are people that have waited 14 months since ordering for a Polo GTI+ through retail channels. Tjosewhoordered from a broker got them much quicker. Probably not an issue for the Golf right now with free and easy allocation running towards the end of its model life, but worth considering as a general rule.
« Last Edit: 21 March 2019, 14:30 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.