Author Topic: Picked up my R  (Read 3942 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Picked up my R
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2019, 20:12 »
Very glad to hear you didn’t part with £500 for GAP with VW, when it can be had for a fraction of that price from providers such as ALA. VW GAP is a total rip off.
[/quote]

Cheapest I could find was £341 over 5 years for return to invoice plus to match inflation etc. Will probably keep the car 4 years but not sure. Car isn't on pcp/hp which is a first for me.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2019, 20:39 »
Excellent Lapiz blue is a great colour. Enjoy it!

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2019, 21:18 »
I need to have a proper drive but overall I’m glad I didn’t wait for the TCR.

Congratulations, now where are the pictures? I'm also going to remind you of the above when my TCR turns up!  :grin: :tongue:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2019, 21:34 »

Congratulations, now where are the pictures? I'm also going to remind you of the above when my TCR turns up!  :grin: :tongue:

:grin:
Really looking forward to seeing your TCR.  Feel like it’s been a journey with that car even though I opted against it!

I’ll post some pictures as soon as it’s stopped raining here, which might be June. Also when I figure out how to do it.  :laugh:

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 17 March 2019, 06:59 »

:grin:
Really looking forward to seeing your TCR.  Feel like it’s been a journey with that car even though I opted against it!

I’ll post some pictures as soon as it’s stopped raining here, which might be June. Also when I figure out how to do it.  :laugh:

I know what you mean. I actually quite enjoy the shared enthusiasm of pick up threads.

On the TCR, I feel like the guy who turned up to the party either really early or really late. Where's everybody else?  :laugh:

Hope you get some dry roads and a chance to enjoy the car.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 17 March 2019, 12:58 »
Hi King
What colour spec did you get what's the drive like overall?

Lapiz, 5 dr, dsg, silver prets (which actually look darker in the metal which is good), 90% tints. I think the car is so well specced as standard I didn't really feel the need to add a lot of options in comparison to the S3. Especially now you get rear camera etc included.

The ride is great, even on the 19s. Better than the Audi on 18s. I absolutely love the car. But then again I am a total vw fanboy.

Picked the car up from their valet bay as I didn't want the dusty blue sheet thing being put over the new paintwork. They had a gti, gtd and my R in there. All looked amazing.

Dsg is a thing of absolute beauty too.

I'll second all of that.  The interior trim is a notch or two below the Audi (but still a few notches above Ford, Renault, etc) but the handling and steering is so much better than the Audi (mine was an A3, rather than an S3).  I'm also finding the 19 inch Brescias without DCC at least on a par with, or maybe just a smidge smoother than the A3 running 18s on S-Line suspension.

As for DSG, I was totally sold on that 9 years ago when I bought a SEAT Cupra.  I've only had DSG/S-Tronic since, and it's the first option I tick on any car now.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2019, 14:20 by Mutley75 »
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 17 March 2019, 14:04 »
On a slightly different note the dealers had a 3dr white CS for sale yesterday. Just in case anyone’s interested. Vw Blackburn.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2019, 07:48 »
Quick update.

Drove 222 miles from Manchester to Suffolk last night. Car still has 190 miles left in the tank and was supremely more comfortable than my S3 on that journey which I do a lot. Amazed really considering the mpg around town hasn’t been as good as the S3 at all. Had it in eco all the way and it was like a motorway cruiser. Perfect when my wife and son are with me. Even my wife, who generally doesn’t comment on cars at all, said how she really likes the R. ‘It’s so quiet’. Wonder why I haven’t taken her out in Race mode?  :wink:

Being back in a Vw really makes me smile compared to Audi life. The Mk7 really is a great car.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 05 May 2019, 12:05 »
Hope you continue to enjoy your Golf R.  I have a MK7 oryx white R.  All I can say is since buying it almost 3 years ago now I have not had that constant itch to buy another car, which I used to get all the time before picking up my R.  It is a fantastic car and hope it continues to put a smile on your face for many years to come....  until the MK8 Golf R shows it's face that is? 

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 05 May 2019, 14:35 »
Thanks. To be honest I think I’ll probably buy an older car next. What with the speed limiters and everything!  :wink:

Hopefully I’ll be fitting the tcr rear spoiler next week too.