Author Topic: Collection day  (Read 7103 times)

Offline Alexk20

• Not said much yet
Collection day
« on: 17 December 2018, 07:22 »
At last the 6 month wait is over, and I finally get to pick it up in 3 hours to say I'm excited is an understatement. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
Re: Collection day
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2018, 07:53 »
At last the 6 month wait is over, and I finally get to pick it up in 3 hours to say I'm excited is an understatement. :laugh: :laugh:

Great new enjoy...

When did you get confirmation your car was in the UK? I'm trying to gauge when mine will arrive at the dealers.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2018, 08:07 »
Great News! There are a few of us waiting to collect, Enjoy!  :laugh:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Alexk20

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2018, 08:23 »
I got the stage 6 text on the 6th of December.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2018, 08:27 »
Make sure excitement doesn't get the better of you and check the car over thoroughly. Check all options (if any) you selected have been fitted. Ensure bodywork is in pristine condition (mine had a small scratch on the wing that needed sorting), then all the usual's like tyre pressures, locking wheel bolt, Sat Nav SD card etc.

It's very easy to get overwhelmed when you have been waiting for so long (I know, I've been there), so just take your time and check it over carefully.   
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2018, 08:28 »
Make sure excitement doesn't get the better of you and check the car over thoroughly. Check all options (if any) you selected have been fitted. Ensure bodywork is in pristine condition (mine had a small scratch on the wing that needed sorting), then all the usual's like tyre pressures, locking wheel bolt, Sat Nav SD card etc.

It's very easy to get overwhelmed when you have been waiting for so long (I know, I've been there), so just take your time and check it over carefully.

Good advice, thanks  :smiley:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Alexk20

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2018, 10:18 »
I will do and I want to see the likes of the hubs if they have started to rust already as it's been built and sat for a few months, thanks for the advice though.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2018, 10:20 »

Great new enjoy...

When did you get confirmation your car was in the UK? I'm trying to gauge when mine will arrive at the dealers.

Friday 21st for me
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2018, 12:29 »
I got the stage 6 text on the 6th of December.

11th for me so 5 days behind you.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2018, 12:32 »

Great new enjoy...

Friday 21st for me