Author Topic: Current value v future value  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
Re: Current value v future value
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2018, 06:22 »
My GTD is a 2016 16 reg, with 30k miles, just been serviced at vw & has 4 new tyres, I’ll give wbac a go & see what they come up with.

Worth a try for sure, dealers have also offered me much lower trade in circa 14.2k
Mine is a 65 plate, 33k miles, also just serviced etc

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2018, 06:44 »
Wbac gave me an online trade in price of £15,665 so while still a bit lower than I was hoping for, it’s more than a VW dealer has offered me for it.
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2018, 07:55 »
Wbac gave me an online trade in price of £15,665 so while still a bit lower than I was hoping for, it’s more than a VW dealer has offered me for it.

Try these guys:

https://www.evanshalshaw.com/sell-your-car/

There are more car buyers than that though - its quite a big game, just WBAC have the advertising....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2018, 08:16 »
£14,800 Evans halshaw offered,  over £800 less than WBAC

I’ve just listed it on tootle, I’ll see how that goes
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 01 December 2018, 08:43 »
I think everyone's a bit wary or cautious about diesels at the minute so prices for trade ins are taking a hit. That's not to say that dealers still want top money for a sale though. Just had my second service last week and while waiting I had a look about on the forecourt. I've never seen as many Gtd's for sale at the same time and not one GTi could be found.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2018, 08:48 »
It’ll be interesting to see how you get on with tootle. They’ve got a really good reputation at the moment. Offers come quickly and dealers will pick your car up I believe. Thinking of going this way when I sell mine. It’d be good to know what they offer you.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2018, 09:49 »
Just had an offer through from tootle, £15450, not a bad start

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 01 December 2018, 10:32 »

Remember all of them will try to tyre kick...

Even if there is nothing to kick...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 01 December 2018, 15:32 »

Remember all of them will try to tyre kick...

Even if there is nothing to kick...

I can't remember the name, but there is one buyer that frequents Tootle that is renowned for making by far the best offer, subject to inspection but always knocks you down - Tootle itself says so via their own review process. Best cash for a VW will almost certainly come from a VW dealer.

Likewise, my best offer for the wife's 34 month old Audi A1 came from the Audi Garage that sold it but even that was lower than expectations and only just above the original GFV value on the finance plan (bought on finance to get the deposit contribution and settled up on day 2 of ownership), despite having the 5 year factory warranty, £1700 optional equipment and 2 unused services in the service pack (that they said wasn't transferrable, therefore adding no value). Prepare to have your pants pulled down when selling a car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 03 December 2018, 15:55 »
I sold my S4 through Tootle and got a really good price, about £4k better than VW offered me for trade in (and £2-3k better than WBAC). My asking price was met and exceeded on the same day.

If you want to avoid having the dealer haggle with you at collection, you just have to ensure you are upfront and honest in your description. Simple really. I listed one alloy was marked (the rest flawless), a large chip in the windscreen and a few minor stone chips, providing photos of the alloy and chip.

When the (independent) dealer came to collect, he did a thorough inspection but commented to me that he was just going through the motions as it was obvious that it was exactly as I described it.

Obviously if you don't declare things like scratches or dents then you can't be surprised when the dealer haggles you down a bit...
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others