Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 244930 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #400 on: 22 March 2019, 09:04 »
I was holding out for a test drive, but with the wait times I'm on the fence about just putting an order in.

Has anyone seen more than 15% off yet?

On a side note, would anyone expect a run out model for the R in the same way this is for the GTi?

I don't think you'll get the luxury of a test drive. Have a read of EVO, they compared the MKV GTI, MKVII Clubsport S and TCR, their comments on the first two were spot on.

Doubt you'll see more than 15% or thereabouts on the TCR and if you do, tell me, I might need to go back to my dealer on a few accessories he's been holding out on!  :evil:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline sh3lldon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #401 on: 22 March 2019, 23:06 »
Hi guys new member here, just placed order for 5 Door TCR now the wait begins! Im used to waiting awhile as I have bought a good few imports from Japan, collected a car last month and had waited around 7 months from purchase, saying that it never gets easier!

Was stuck between a new TCR or a used clubsport 40 went for the TCR deal was excellent and have never ordered a new car to my spec!

Welcome sh3lldon! I was starting to think I was the only one who had placed an order. When are you expecting the car or have you not got a build date yet?

Know the feeling on waits, longest I had was just under 2 years. Out of interest - your imports, Japanese? I've been looking at an Integrale out of Japan for a while so might pick your brain at some point.

Hi mate, waiting just now order only placed thursday expected date says 30th of june but been told a more accurate timing will come once order in system not yet showing in MyVW.

Yes japanese anything you need to know drop me a mail have had 5 imports all sourced for me fairly knowledgable on the process. For something such as that I would 100% recommend sourcing the car from japan you will be able to get exactly what you are after in spec and condition, it may take a slight while but the cars always show up.

How did you spec the TCR? I have went 5 door with DCC, Dynaudio and b pillar tints 90%

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #402 on: 23 March 2019, 18:23 »
Hi guys new member here, just placed order for 5 Door TCR now the wait begins! Im used to waiting awhile as I have bought a good few imports from Japan, collected a car last month and had waited around 7 months from purchase, saying that it never gets easier!

Was stuck between a new TCR or a used clubsport 40 went for the TCR deal was excellent and have never ordered a new car to my spec!

Welcome sh3lldon! I was starting to think I was the only one who had placed an order. When are you expecting the car or have you not got a build date yet?

Know the feeling on waits, longest I had was just under 2 years. Out of interest - your imports, Japanese? I've been looking at an Integrale out of Japan for a while so might pick your brain at some point.

Hi mate, waiting just now order only placed thursday expected date says 30th of june but been told a more accurate timing will come once order in system not yet showing in MyVW.

Yes japanese anything you need to know drop me a mail have had 5 imports all sourced for me fairly knowledgable on the process. For something such as that I would 100% recommend sourcing the car from japan you will be able to get exactly what you are after in spec and condition, it may take a slight while but the cars always show up.

How did you spec the TCR? I have went 5 door with DCC, Dynaudio and b pillar tints 90%

Once you get a build date in the calendar, then you can get your countdown timer going. Mine should arrive end of April/early May.

Similar spec to you, didn't option the Dynaudio though but went Pure Grey, 19 Reinfnitz Wheels (with DCC/Speed Limit pack), Climate Windscreen, Lane Assist Plus. What colour did you go for?

Appreciate the help with the Japanese car import side of things, I've been toying with doing it for ages. 

Offline sh3lldon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #403 on: 23 March 2019, 21:42 »
Colour is white, with 18" wheels, I will be putting some aftermarket wheels on.

Yeah any questions drop me a message.

Order now showing up in MyVW app step 2 with the factory being scheduled for production

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #404 on: 23 March 2019, 23:04 »
I’ve got one ordered, being built week of 8th April  :laugh:
Pure grey, reifnitz pack, pan roof, climate screen & extra airbags. Good deal from Joe Knight at TL Darby VW but search JMK deals.
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #405 on: 24 March 2019, 08:48 »
Colour is white, with 18" wheels, I will be putting some aftermarket wheels on.

Yeah any questions drop me a message.

Order now showing up in MyVW app step 2 with the factory being scheduled for production

White will look superb. My CS is white or rather streaky brown at the moment. It needs a proper wash.

Think your post count needs to hit 10 before I can DM you BTW.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #406 on: 24 March 2019, 08:50 »
I’ve got one ordered, being built week of 8th April  :laugh:
Pure grey, reifnitz pack, pan roof, climate screen & extra airbags. Good deal from Joe Knight at TL Darby VW but search JMK deals.

Dammit. You're a week ahead of me.  :laugh: Only found out about JMK after he followed me on IG which was about 2 days after I ordered mine. 

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #407 on: 24 March 2019, 15:53 »
What’s JMK deals? Googled showed me flights  :grin:

Are the deals better than drive the deal and carwow?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #408 on: 24 March 2019, 16:00 »
What’s JMK deals? Googled showed me flights  :grin:

Are the deals better than drive the deal and carwow?
Joe Knights, he's trying to be the TRL (Tony Lewis) for the VW scene. But whereas Tony has been in BMW for many many years, Joe is young and new. Seems a nice enough guy, but I'm not sure his deals are anything above what you can get from Carwow or DTD though.

https://www.instagram.com/jmkdeals/

He seems to have latched onto Andrew Chapple (Volkswizard) to start his PR run.

:smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline sh3lldon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #409 on: 24 March 2019, 16:11 »
My order was placed with Joe and so far service has been excellent as was deal. Not in a postion to fully recommend but so far couldn't have asked for more. Have also been dealing with a BMW dealer at the same time who wouldn't stop calling me, the no nonsense approach and pricing suited me with Joe. I hope the rest of the purchase goes aswell