Author Topic: Current lead times?  (Read 4561 times)

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: Current lead times?
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2018, 09:22 »
I ordered mine mid March and the estimated delivery is the end of July. Really hoping it's sooner than that. When I put my order number in the app it's says my car doesn't exist. Is that the case until I get allocated a build week?

Two things come to mind here.
The obvious one....Are you sure you have not mistyped it?
Or, The dealer you ordered from has no allocation left to order it this month ?

JB, as above I had the same issue, I was advised that it normally takes between a week or two to show on the app or website. I too was concerned that the Order number was wrong, after two weeks it appeared.
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2018, 09:24 »
It takes about two weeks for the order to be processed on a brand new build. If a slot has been changed then it may show quicker.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2018, 11:53 »
I ordered mine mid March and the estimated delivery is the end of July. Really hoping it's sooner than that. When I put my order number in the app it's says my car doesn't exist. Is that the case until I get allocated a build week?

JB, as above I had the same issue, I was advised that it normally takes between a week or two to show on the app or website. I too was concerned that the Order number was wrong, after two weeks it appeared.

Have checked the number and I've keyed it in as per the invoice. It says "sorry that didn't work. We don't recognise that number.

My contact at the dealership has been very poor in getting back to me on things since I ordered the car. I'm worried now that although I have an order number something has gone wrong. I will call the number on the app.

Update: Called the number and it appears the 8 digit order number is my dealerships internal one. I need to ask them for the SLI number apparently. Still awaiting a call back from an enquiry I made two weeks ago and I can't get through to anyone on the phone. Looks like I'll have to drive down again at some point.

« Last Edit: 21 April 2018, 12:37 by Will2018 »

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 21 April 2018, 12:45 »

Have checked the number and I've keyed it in as per the invoice. It says "sorry that didn't work. We don't recognise that number.

My contact at the dealership has been very poor in getting back to me on things since I ordered the car. I'm worried now that although I have an order number something has gone wrong. I will call the number on the app.

Update: Called the number and it appears the 8 digit order number is my dealerships internal one. I need to ask them for the SLI number apparently. Still awaiting a call back from an enquiry I made two weeks ago and I can't get through to anyone on the phone. Looks like I'll have to drive down again at some point.

That answers part of the reason then. Pretty poor service from the suppling dealer though. If you still get nowhere contact VWUK or use social media. That normally gets a response   :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline John F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2018, 18:30 »
I ordered my GTI performance pack 5dr DSG with metallic and no other options on April 12th. Just been told today that build is schedule for 3rd week in July. 3 months after order. Any idea what typical delivery time is after start of build? I have been told worst case is 16 more weeks! Which would push total from order to 7 months.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2018, 18:38 »
If your build is late July you should be driving it late Aug but more likely start of Sept if you are waiting for the new reg. Generally anything from 2 to 4 weeks from build completion until it hits the dealer.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline John F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2018, 19:34 »
Thanks for the information. Sounds like lease company being cautious. If late Aug I will ask for start Sept to get 68 plate. My current lease (A4) can be extended to end Sept on existing terms, so that would work well for me. Fingers crossed. This will be my 3rd Golf. But, my first GTI.

Offline John F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2018, 13:22 »
Just got some good news on new Golf GTI Performance Pack 5 dr DSG with metallic paint. Build week has come forward 2 months to week starting May 14th (order placed on April 12th). So, dealer now saying they are hopeful for delivery by end June, which would dovetail perfectly with my current A4 lease.

So, maybe leadtimes are not as daunting as first appeared.