Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529348 times)

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1690 on: 19 April 2018, 15:06 »
Agreed, much easier moving it about, decent weight in it.....I did get a bit carried away when I saw the fancy handle graphics thinking it was touch control!  :whistle:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1691 on: 20 April 2018, 12:14 »
Washed it this morning, had to do it today as we are on our holidays tomorrow and it was rather mucky. Only problem was I didn't appreciate just how strong the sun was at 9am, whilst jet washing you could see the steam coming off :shocked: so avoiding the car drying was really difficult. Still, managed to let the snowfoam dwell for 10 or 15 minutes, jet washed and cleaned but I had to dry the car before cleaning the wheels. There was a fair few tar spots which I've not seen before plus various chips and scratches on the wheels and calipers. My car is getting old :sad: Plus the bright sun really shows up swirls :cry:

I did take a couple of pictures but postimage wasn't playing ball, t0hey would've been pretty much the same as usual anyway.

Now I've got postimage working again, just a couple of samey images:

« Last Edit: 21 April 2018, 20:44 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1692 on: 23 April 2018, 09:16 »
Managed to get a clean in while the shade was on my side yesterday morning. Just a maintenance wash due to time, but I have a list of jobs to get into over the next few weeks hopefully. Desperately needs a good tar removal session, it's everywhere at the minute! Also there's a very big stone chip on the bonnet that needs a touch up session and I have some horrible marking from ribbons when it was used as a wedding car a couple of weeks ago. Looks like I'll be getting the DA out soon, but for now this will have to do!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1693 on: 23 April 2018, 10:27 »
Managed to get a clean in while the shade was on my side yesterday morning. Just a maintenance wash due to time, but I have a list of jobs to get into over the next few weeks hopefully. Desperately needs a good tar removal session, it's everywhere at the minute! Also there's a very big stone chip on the bonnet that needs a touch up session and I have some horrible marking from ribbons when it was used as a wedding car a couple of weeks ago. Looks like I'll be getting the DA out soon, but for now this will have to do!

Looks great and it’s wearing its 114k miles well. :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1694 on: 23 April 2018, 17:34 »

Looks great and it’s wearing its 114k miles well. :smiley:

Thanks! It definitely needs a few bits cosmetically but I’m happy with how it looks after a hard life so far! Taking it on a trip to Naples this summer via a few other places so there certainly won’t be any slowing down in the mileage gain!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1695 on: 23 April 2018, 17:54 »
Seabrook, to have a car looking that smart with that mileage is a credit to you. Barely looks like it has been out! Superb :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1696 on: 23 April 2018, 19:09 »
Seabrook, to have a car looking that smart with that mileage is a credit to you. Barely looks like it has been out! Superb :smiley:

Thanks Watts. I’ve owned it 4 years and since 36k so it’s been well pampered for most of its life :)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1697 on: 24 April 2018, 08:31 »

Looks fantastic! Can't beat a shiny TR...!!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1698 on: 28 April 2018, 16:05 »
It's been a while! 

10 weeks without a clean due to being busy and crap weather etc, longest any car of mine has been without a clean, but finally got time to give it a wash. 

Bit grubby

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23Si53A]

Lots of pre washing

Clean at last

« Last Edit: 28 April 2018, 16:09 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1699 on: 28 April 2018, 16:29 »
As ever Rebecca 10/10 looking fantastic again  :grin:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆