Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774271 times)

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9040 on: 10 December 2018, 19:09 »
Fitted one of these https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/neuspeed/neuspeed-hi-flo-turbo-discharge-conversion-pipe-kit-mqb-chassis-1-8-2-0tsi/
. Much faster response and hardly any turbo lag. Really pleased and works well with the larger intercooler.
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9041 on: 10 December 2018, 20:16 »
Fitted one of these https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/neuspeed/neuspeed-hi-flo-turbo-discharge-conversion-pipe-kit-mqb-chassis-1-8-2-0tsi/
. Much faster response and hardly any turbo lag. Really pleased and works well with the larger intercooler.

Seems like a great mod. would this work well with a standard car? Thinking about this and the inlet elbow?
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #9042 on: 11 December 2018, 12:27 »
Drove the car for the first time with Eibach Pro springs fitted.  Very happy with the difference, car feels much more confident in corners and barley any difference in the harshness of the ride. Plus it's a fraction lower so looks way cooler.   :cool:  Pictures to follow when I've given it a wash!

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #9043 on: 11 December 2018, 13:54 »
Carbon Grey is still the best colour for a GTI, followed closely by Tungsten silver.
There, I've said it :laugh:

:lipsrsealed:

Il 2nd that Carbon Grey all the way  :whistle: :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9044 on: 12 December 2018, 16:55 »

Interested in hearing how these hold up as winter wheels, maybe try a few pot holes for us if you can  :laugh:

:grin:  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9045 on: 12 December 2018, 17:32 »
I've done nothing to it ..except shared with it  my displeasure at the idiot who opened their door into its rear wheel arch. We didn't need actually cry together, but it was close :smiley:.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9046 on: 12 December 2018, 17:47 »

Interested in hearing how these hold up as winter wheels, maybe try a few pot holes for us if you can  :laugh:

:grin:  :grin:

NO!  :grin: :grin:, although as OEM prets are made of cheese, they may be stronger!  :wink: :wink:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9047 on: 12 December 2018, 17:50 »
I've done nothing to it ..except shared with it  my displeasure at the idiot who opened their door into its rear wheel arch. We didn't need actually cry together, but it was close :smiley:.

Oh dear, what a pain, much damage? Is the idiot going to pay up?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9048 on: 12 December 2018, 18:47 »
It was an anonymous hit, a Mr Nobody...
spoken to a few dent removal people and the response was ‘ah... it’s s golf... wheel arch, double skinned them, difficult...’ etc etc
One guy has had a go for nil fee as he couldn’t make perfect.
It’s the same side as the wheel I kerbed the other week, going to great lengths to approach the car from the other side!

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9049 on: 12 December 2018, 19:00 »

Seems like a great mod. would this work well with a standard car? Thinking about this and the inlet elbow?

I also have pedal box and turbo elbow and they all work together. I wouldn't like to push you down this route and you find it's not what you were expecting, but I'm very happy with it :smiley:
Old, but a serial modder!