Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1157633 times)

Offline jamrolu

• Just got here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2890 on: 04 April 2018, 14:25 »
Those leather seats with the red details look amazing. Beautiful GTI, enjoy!!  :cool:

You definitely need to be a fan of red to buy one!
2018 Mk7.5 Golf GTI Performance Pack, White Silver, Santiagos.

Previously: 2016 Mk7 Golf GTI Performance Pack, Carbon Grey, Santiagos, Tech Pack.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #2891 on: 11 April 2018, 23:52 »
Picked up my R two weeks ago, really loving it so far. Such a great all round package
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #2892 on: 12 April 2018, 22:49 »
Picked up my car on the 5th March but what with the weather it was detail and 5 mins after leaving it snowed on my drive home and been raining pretty much ever since.
Gone GTI, hello R

« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 21:51 by JamesR27 »
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Gaz W

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2893 on: 13 April 2018, 21:22 »
Picked up my car on the 5th March but what with the weather it was detail and 5 mins after leaving it snowed on my drive home and been raining pretty much ever since.
Gone GTI, hello R

Photos broken!

Interested on your thoughts going from GTI to R as I am considering doing the same!
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, DSG, Indium Grey, DCC, 19" Brescia Alloys, Dynaudio, Jacara Cloth Interior

Offline HQ786

• Just got here
« Reply #2894 on: 16 April 2018, 16:37 »
Everyones pics are broken

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2895 on: 16 April 2018, 19:16 »
Everyones pics are broken

Not everyone's; just people who use Photobucket, who don’t allow third party image hosting unless you pay them a large annual fee, and Postimage.org who seem to have changed the ‘org’ to ‘cc’ in the address link for posting pictures and they don’t seem to have told anyone!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline WarwickGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #2896 on: 27 April 2018, 10:13 »
Picked up the car 6 months ago but have only just joined the forum, covered 8k miles and love the car. Stock at the moment but looks to make some minor mods once my warranty runs out!

MK 7 GTI Performance Pack 3dr manual, Carbon Grey, Santiagos, Dynaudio

Previously: VW Up! (First car handed down by mum)

Offline spdpug98

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2897 on: 01 May 2018, 07:36 »
I’m a new member after picking up a new CS last week, it’s edition number 285 and I bought it from a VW dealership who had it as a showroom display for the past 12 months

Loving the car and just slowly adding some miles on to it

https://ibb.co/bWCQrx
https://ibb.co/kiQpJc

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2898 on: 05 May 2018, 10:29 »
Well, collected the GTI Thursday evening, and spent the whole of yesterday (12 hours worth) detailing the car. She looks absolutely stunning.

I did miss the GTD when I walked away from it at the dealers though, as it was a great car, and hope the new one is as reliable. Love the art velours interior looks really special and feels great to the touch.

So far only 15 Miles on the clock but already I’ve noticed how much quieter and smoother the Petrol engine is over the deisel (and that wasn’t bad in those respects at all either). Obviously as expected bit of shock on my 7 mile journey to fill her up yesterday (Tesco Momentum 99), to see the MPG barely break 30mpg despite taking it really easy. I hope that improves as the mileage climbs (would be happy at around 34-35mpg ish). Even though the GTD was no slouch, it too me a little by surprise how quick the GTI felt even taking the acceleration really easy (bit of a grin moment)

Couple of little things I noticed during the detail was that the DSG gear-lever doesn’t have the nice carbon fibre inserts either side, rather just plain smooth plastic. Also noticed that the rear bumper lower diffuser has a huge slot on the underside (presumably for a tow bar). Is there a blank plate available from VW for this at all does anyone know?

Mods already performed yesterday are

Stainless steel foot rest
Lockwood GTI sill trims
Genuine under seat storage drawers both side fitted.
Engine front cover (for intake manifold)
Red badgeskins for front and rear badges as well as the small one on the steering wheel.
Refitted my red LED footwell lights
Carbon 3D effect number plates to replace the dealer standard ones.
Refitted my Dynaudio badges to all 4 doors main speakers (had thes in the GTD)
Aluminium rear door kick plate inserts (to mimic the illuminated ones in the front). Again from the GTD
Fitted brushed chrome tweeter surrounds for the rear doors like the ones up front (GTD again)
Added up to date speed camera database and fuel stations to the Nav unit.
Added all my previous radio presets and logos.
Boot light bulb changed back to super white LED version from GTD
Glovebox light replaced for LED version.
New aftermarket GTI logo mats with red piping (bargain)
Set up my WLAN and Car-Net

Still to do.

Refit the 4 active door opening illuminated LED lights in the doors to replace the plastic red reflectors.
Refitted the Red LED rear footwell lighting from the GTD.
Various VCDS coding bits.

I’ll post some pics up later.

« Last Edit: 05 May 2018, 16:15 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2899 on: 05 May 2018, 12:47 »
Well, collected the GTI Thursday evening, and spent the whole of yesterday (12 hours worth) detailing the car. She looks absolutely stunning.

I did miss the GTD when I walked away from it at the dealers though, as it was a great car, and hope the new one is as reliable. Love the art velours interior looks really special and feels great to the touch.

So far only 15 Miles on the clock but already I’ve noticed how much quieter and smoother the Petrol engine is over the deisel (and that wasn’t bad in those respects at all either). Obviously as expected bit of shock on my 7 mile journey to fill her up yesterday (Tesco Momentum 99), to see the MPG barely break 30mpg despite taking it really easy. I hope that improves as the mileage climbs (would be happy at around 34-35mpg ish). Even though the GTD was no slouch, it too me a little by surprise how quick the GTI felt even taking the acceleration really easy (bit of a grin moment)

Couple of little things I noticed during the detail was that the DSG gear-lever doesn’t have the nice carbon fibre inserts either side, rather just plain smooth plastic. Also noticed that the rear bumper lower diffuser has a huge slot on the underside (presumably for a tow bar). Is there a blank plate available from VW for this at all does anyone know?

Mods already performed yesterday are

Lockwood GTI sill trims
Genuine under seat storage drawers both side fitted.
Engine front cover (for intake manifold)
Red badgeskins for front and rear badges as well as the small one on the steering wheel.
Refitted my red LED footwell lights
Carbon 3D effect number plates to replace the dealer standard ones.
Refitted my Dynaudio badges to all 4 doors main speakers (had thes in the GTD)
Aluminium rear door kick plate inserts (to mimic the illuminated ones in the front). Again from the GTD
Fitted brushed chrome tweeter surrounds for the rear doors like the ones up front (GTD again)
Added up to date speed camera database and fuel stations to the Nav unit.
Added all my previous radio presets and logos.
Boot light bulb changed back to super white LED version from GTD
Glovebox light replaced for LED version.
New aftermarket GTI logo mats with red piping (bargain)
Set up my WLAN and Car-Net

Still to do.

Refit the 4 active door opening illuminated LED lights in the doors to replace the plastic red reflectors.
Refitted the Red LED rear footwell lighting from the GTD.
Various VCDS coding bits.

I’ll post some pics up later.

Someone's been busy, nothing beats fiddling on a new car.
You'll soon forget about mpg difference,  just enjoy.
Look forward to pics.
All the best with your new toy.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.