Author Topic: Ive gone and done it again......now with MG3, MG6 & 'Ring content.  (Read 12757 times)

Offline xxChrisxx

• GTI forum regular
Re: Ive gone and done it again......now with MG3 content.
« Reply #20 on: 28 March 2014, 00:16 »
It sounds as though they implemented some of the trim pack upgrades, so hopefully most the stuff wont be noticable now.

My previous post kind of makes it look like im trying to piss on your chips, it wasn't my intention. The MG3 is a decent motor for the money, im sure it'll serve you well for years. Plus it looks decent in yellow.

I do vehicle refinement for a job, so I'm probably being overly harsh plus the car I drove was at an earlier stage of development.

Also ironic that your mk4s have had the head gasket go but you have a k series!

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
Re: Ive gone and done it again......now with MG3 content.
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2014, 14:15 »
It sounds as though they implemented some of the trim pack upgrades, so hopefully most the stuff wont be noticable now.

My previous post kind of makes it look like im trying to piss on your chips, it wasn't my intention. The MG3 is a decent motor for the money, im sure it'll serve you well for years. Plus it looks decent in yellow.

I do vehicle refinement for a job, so I'm probably being overly harsh plus the car I drove was at an earlier stage of development.

Also ironic that your mk4s have had the head gasket go but you have a k series!

Haha I know - Ive had 3 K series engines with HGF too. Actually, Ive had 2 Renault 19s with it as well - I think head gaskets haunt me.  :grin:

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
Been loaned this recently, by the guys at Longbridge -

Its great fun to drive, well built and has loads of toys, they honestly dont deserve some of the stick they get. It can really hug the corners anyway.

The dashboard plastics are made of twix wrappers though but they dont squeak or anything.

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
Popped in to the Nurburgring this morning. It wasnt open for a lap though. Might try again tomorrow.

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
Picked up the MG3 last Friday, its a great bit of kit, really good fun to drive. It does need to be worked hard though.

We also drove the MG ZR through Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany on a mini road trip.

5* in Frankfurt - with valet parking.

Weird fairytale themed place in Belgium and the 'trojan horse' suite.

Basecamp Bonn in Germany, a really cool indoor campsite with themed caravans, we stayed in the Airstream.

Some lovely roads around the Nurburgring, even though it wasnt open for a lap when we arrived.

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
Just thought Id update this thread again as the MG3 nears 4K miles.

Well, there actually isnt much to report - its been doing its daily jobs with ease and has been good fun to drive. My initial impressions of the car still remain the same although, after having a rather enthusiastic drive in my ZR earlier, I am realising how much I yearn for more power in the '3! It could handle it with ease.

I managed to get a pic of the two MGs together the other day.