Author Topic: Need advice on seat cleaning products  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
Need advice on seat cleaning products
« on: 16 February 2008, 13:08 »
I'm very soon gonna be getting my bothers Ibiza Cupra up together to sell it but the drivers seat is rather dirty and I'm not sure of the best way to go about cleaning it up, any help or products suggested most appreciated. Its half leather (Black) and fabric (darkish blue), I can post pics if needed but its a bit sweaty and dirty. Thanks  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 16 February 2008, 17:34 by Uruk Hai »

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Need advice on seat cleaning products
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2008, 22:31 »
any chemical guys stuff that I have used is rather good so for the interior I can't see you going too far wrong with this...

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/category_s/8.htm

but saying that I haven't used any one the interior of my car  :undecided:

alternatively if you just want to pop down to halfrauds the megs stuff is ok

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2008, 09:56 »
Thanks, have used the Megs stuff before and I thought it was O.K but nothing fantastic, saying that we were using it to clean a huge coffee stain from the carpet in the same car  :rolleyes:

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2008, 12:40 »
If they are really dirty you might be better off hiring one of those steam cleaner suction things from HSS or somewhere like that?

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2008, 14:03 »
It may come to that but I'm willing to try an off the shelve product first as its only the drivers seat that needs cleaning, the rest look like they've never been sat in !

Offline spacerat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2008, 18:32 »
Get the pressure washer on em, take the seats out and blast em with water, dont put the lance to close cos u will damage the seats. then leave to dry in a garage/shed/kitchen next to a storage heater/dehumidifier(spelling??)  this could take a couple of days to dry but well worth it as the amount of brown murky water that pours out is great. plus your cleaning all the foam and not just the top inch that u would with normal cleaning products.

or u could go spend £35 and hire a carpet cleaner for a day but again your only getting the surface crap out

Offline Cornish Pixie

• Not said much yet
  • If I'm not on line I am polishing somebody's ride
« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2008, 12:05 »
Get the pressure washer on em, take the seats out and blast em with water, dont put the lance to close cos u will damage the seats. then leave to dry in a garage/shed/kitchen next to a storage heater/dehumidifier(spelling??)  this could take a couple of days to dry but well worth it as the amount of brown murky water that pours out is great. plus your cleaning all the foam and not just the top inch that u would with normal cleaning products.

or u could go spend £35 and hire a carpet cleaner for a day but again your only getting the surface crap out

Eerrrrrm I think he said they were half leather?

Use a pressure washer and completely screw your leather and any workings for any air bags that might be in the seat!

A carpet cleaner would be safer, but to be honest for what it would cost you get a local valeter to come out and do the one seat that you need doing.
www.kcpv.co.uk
www.karlssoncollins.com

Professional Valeting And Detailing