Author Topic: How to - Resync your keys / Change key battery  (Read 47851 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: How to - Resync your keys / Change key battery
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2011, 13:41 »
IIRC - Vagcom cannot do key SKB(??) code retrieval.

I've had a look on mine and it isn't apparent.

I think there is another bit of software (dos based) that is needed to acquire the code for the immobiliser. Alternatively, I have heard that VW keep a record of all codes applied to each vehicle which a UK dealer will get from them.

Correct - you need VAG KOMMANDER or Vag Tacho to retrieve the SKC code from the clocks.  Although the latter is not very reliable on Bosch clocks; VDO clocks tend to be far easier to work with  :undecided:

If you're extremely lucky you'll have the plastic key and tag that came with the car as the tag has your SKC on it  :nerd:

Offline iancb

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2012, 10:24 »
sometimes your remotes can lose their coding with the car meaning your remote won't lock / unlock but there is a solution  :smiley:

Worked for me - took less than a minute and saved me a few quid i am sure. My car came with two keys one of which had never been used. i used to have a renault card key and had visions of a similar nightmare rebooting the key. No such problems with the VW. Great tip many thanks.

Offline iwaserenot

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 30 November 2014, 16:07 »
Hi i had this issue my problem is i have no hidden keyhole. My guess is previous owner removed it (dont ask me why) so my question is is there a way without going to dealership and without using a second key? Can i do it through the lock on boot both my spare and main are not working