Author Topic: Advice  (Read 1784 times)

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
Advice
« on: 30 May 2010, 09:00 »
Hi, I am debating having a go on a track day. I have a completely standard mk5 ed30.

What advice would anyone give me regarding anything you would change on the car, what insurance etc to take out, any events that you would reccomend for a complete track day novice?

Cheers in advance! Nick
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2010, 09:12 »
Look for a novice day wherever you go, then you know you won't have race cars whizzing past you all day. Can't comment on insurance as i never buy it. If you are just having a go leave the car as it is and just remove all the loose stuff, spare wheel etc and have fun! Just check you have a nice amount of tread on tyres and brake pads have lots of life left and give it a service maybe

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
Re: Advice
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2010, 22:41 »
bedford autodrome is a cracking circuit as a beginners track day lots of safe run off if you do get it wrong well organised and run event ,i did it at the start of the year in my mk4 which is mainly a road car one thing i would recommend would be to upgrade the brake pads to a decent set which will stand upto the hammering they'll get i fitted new pagid pads all round and cooked them after a few laps we were managing to do around 4 laps before we had to let the brakes cool ,spare set of wheels and tyres would also be a good option if you dont want to kill your road tyres ,