Author Topic: Abingdon last Friday  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
Abingdon last Friday
« on: 13 August 2010, 16:29 »
We took the car to Abingdon last Friday for a Motorsport Events trackday. Despite the predicted rain it stayed dry all day.

The car went well all day apart from the Oil Pressure Gauge making up the oil pressures during periods of the day and a slight leak from the water pump / power steering pump area. I thought it was oil at Combe so changed the sump gasket when I checked the oil pump but I now think it could be water or power steering fluid. I will have a better look this weekend.

Played with the Bilsteins a bit more and they are definately the best improvement I have made to the car. It now drives round the corners instead of just barely hanging on around them, and has eliminated a lot of understeer. Just wish I had remembered to soften them up before heading home :sad:

There was a group of Pikeys on the day with a stripped out S3, GTI-6, and ST Fiesta, nicely done cars but they were a serious liability out on the track, wouldn't get out of the way, and were constantly causing the sessions to be stopped due to coming off or mowing down the cones.

I've now had the car for 3 years and it has done over 30 trackdays in that time.

Paul

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Abingdon last Friday
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2010, 16:31 »
Good work fella!

I've had mine 16 months and only done 4 and a bit trackdays!

Nick

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2010, 23:33 »
nice one! i have a habit of forgetting to turn down the damping also, even the motorways are bumpy  :grin:

Offline RyanMac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2010, 09:13 »
How often do they hold these track days? and how much is it for them? I wouldn't mind doing one as I only live about 20 minutes from abingdon.

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2010, 13:33 »
How often do they hold these track days? and how much is it for them? I wouldn't mind doing one as I only live about 20 minutes from abingdon.
About once a month at Abingdon. See www.motorsport-events.com

Max price for Abingdon is £125 for the day.

Paul