Author Topic: bye bye golf!  (Read 15395 times)

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
Re: Tornado Red MK2 Golf Ryder, with GTi bits!!
« Reply #10 on: 14 October 2010, 22:11 »
Only just found this again  :rolleyes: Forgot I'd put the pics of my car with the MK4 and the fiancees Ibiza!

I've just won a mk2 big front bumper and I've already got the rear bumper, so they'll be going on soon which I'm very excited about! Can't wait to see them fitted.

I'm just wondering about whether or not I'm going to get a grille spoiler/brow on it though! My older brother seems to think I should and he's getting all excited lol but I'm not so sure! Would want to colour code it but it could be painted the same time as the rear bumper so it wouldn't be too much hassle.

Also ordered new number plates, need an interior fog light switch and some clear bumper indicators now though!

Expensive hobby this "mk2'ing" !!  :angry:

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
Re: Tornado Red MK2 Golf
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2010, 22:26 »
So, some f*cktard decided to break into my car last Tuesday night and do all this damage without anyone batting an eye lid....

Weekend just gone my big brother got a decent alarm fitted for me, so hopefully it won't happen again. It's pretty sensitive too but doesn't seem affected by heavy rain/wind which is a result. Nothing worse than an alarm acting like the boy who cried wolf 24/7!

Anyway, decided to give the dirty f*cks who broke into it a nice two fingered salute and fitted the big bumper which arrived the day I got it all fixed  :tongue:

Some pics of it as it stands, but I do have a black grille badge to fit when it's finished peeing it down!

Looking at those pics though, I'm not even sure I want to fit the black badge, since that one's still in such good nick! We'll see! Will rpobably fit it and see if it grows on me but might be one of those things best kept to one side until I get smoked/clear side repeaters.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: Tornado Red MK2 Golf - 26/10/10 update with pics!
« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2010, 23:39 »
looks good! Dont let those scum set you back.

Are they genuine bumpers? They fit very well :nerd:
:)

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2010, 23:50 »
Thanks mate, not pleased with the fitment to be honest, but it needs to come back off at some point anyway.
As far as I know it's a genuine one, cost me £100 but came with everything and was the right colour. Was sold to me as genuine anyway.

One of the fog lights was total rot inside so that'll need replacing, but apart from that well chuffed - looks like a different car for a big bumper and a new set of plates.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2010, 23:53 »
To tell if they are genuine - You should see a moulding line on the corners of the bumper and the metal bumper iron is a push fit. Also the side brackets are moulded. Pattern ones are screwed in.

yes i have a genuine bumper fettish :smiley:
:)

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #15 on: 26 October 2010, 23:58 »
My older brother would have ripped into me if I did have a pattern one, so I'm sure it is genuine! lol.
He had a red GTi almost identical to what mine looks like (big bumper, tornado red, he had rainbow interior etc) when I was about.....8.
Thats why I decided to get this and make it look how it is - happy happy memories! Got a tornado red Mk2 Golf fetish.... a bit :)

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #16 on: 28 October 2010, 18:20 »
Finished work a bit early today so had a bit of extra light to give the car a well desrved clean, the wheels were filthy but that didn't take long to sort out...............by no means perfect but look lots better.

Then I gave the car a good clean and managed to take what I think is the best pic so far I have of the Golf, new desktop wallpaper  :rolleyes:...................

:laugh: :kiss:

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Tornado Red MK2 Golf - 28/10/10 Nice & Clean!!
« Reply #17 on: 29 October 2010, 00:29 »
Looking Good Again....  :cool:

Big Bumper does look impressive...

Still Like those Alloys... Nicer looking than the RA's... (Just fitted mine back on for the winter months!!)...

Keep up the good work on the OEM Parts Front!!   :grin:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #18 on: 29 October 2010, 08:47 »
Yeah I like them mate, still not sure exactly what they are!! They aren't Corrodo wheels though I don't think because iirc Corrados are 5x100? These wheels are 4 stud.

Back bumper fitting next and lower on eibach springs etc.

Offline byebye

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 29 October 2010, 09:35 »
thats a nice looking car will look ace lowered, all credit it to you  :cool: