Author Topic: Mk2 8v Alpine White not for long  (Read 13519 times)

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
Mk2 8v Alpine White not for long
« on: 25 March 2009, 12:07 »
First post. not so new to the dub scene, 20 years old and all 20 of them i was raised on air cooled and watercooled alike, since passing my test ive had a 92 polo hatch, a mk3 derv and a mk4 gttdi 115. now on my dream car, the mk2 gti. unfortunatly not in my dream colour or engine but it is a 3 door.

had the beast 8 months now, just running around, spaffing over the straight through stainless and k&n cone that i brought it with. with a thrist for a for go, i stripped her bare, nothing left bt 2 standard front seats, half a dash and the roof lineing.

but now for the reason for the post..... PROJECT!!

im sat in the car now, on my laptop, waiting for the nitromors to set in on my bonnet, ive got a range of halfords primers and sprays in the back and a bunch of wet and dry, were going cheap old rat style.

will be dropping a 2 ltr bottom end in at some point along with its gearbox and mines knackerd, no first gear and a nasty whirring when driven. kinda my fault really, after a puched a hole in the diff casing and drained the gear box oil i still insisted on driving it for another month.... ooops.

any way, ill keep it updated, ive gotta go scratch some paint off.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: Mk2 8v Alpine White not for long
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2009, 17:42 »
fair play, sounds like another interesting project :afro:

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2009, 13:49 »
kool, so shes back on the road now after changing the gear box and a fewm fiddley gear linkage problems, just applied another coat of nitromors to get the rest of the paint off the bonnet so i can finnaly get the grill back on, should have ma steelies coming the next couple of das so i can get the sprayed up and put on, rest of the paint work and body attacking will slowly get done in the next few weeks, work and weather permited. jussst need to source some slammed shocks and springs now.

right, now back off the strip some more paint then back to work.... damn split shifts

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2009, 22:57 »
ive decided to come to a compromise on my interior, i want the out side looking shabby, but i think my interior is less than comfortable with its lack of carpets and sound deadening and door cards, ive lost the bottom half of my dash and my centre console. i wanna keep it minimal but tidy it up a bit, ive decided to put the door cards back in tomorow, to cover up the odd coulored door and give me some where to put ma phone and fags.

any other tips would be apreciated

cheers

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2009, 11:11 »
and my money should start building up again in the next month or so, so im gonna start think bout my engine. basic idea so far is my head recon'd, reseated ported and cambs, just a nicely done head really, twin 45s on top sat on a 2e bottom end, K&n in, full stainless to the back, including manifold if i can find one that dont cost an arm and a leg

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2009, 15:47 »
ah ha, found the thread, bin a long time, any the gti still lives kind of, it was off the road for a very long and made way for the corrado (rip) and now the polo, but theres still plans for it....

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2009, 16:00 »
what plans you got? im guessing the 2 litre bottom end etc?

Dan

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 11 October 2009, 16:50 »
oui oui, bosibly bored to 2.1 money depending, ive got a turbo from an audi 2.5 tdi, but yeh all the usual tweaks under the bonnet, dump it on its arse on 15" steelies, bonnets rusted up lovely now, then a nice coating of matt black, the insides already gutted,jst gotta get the rezt of the dash out and find somewhere to put ma clocks

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #8 on: 11 October 2009, 17:22 »
nice one, sounds good  :cool:

Dan

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 12 October 2009, 15:43 »
innit, just gota get my corrado stripped and shipped off to the scrap yard to free up the space and bring in the money, then hopefully have the golf ready for when the polo dies of MOT failure lol, and i right tripped out when i say ure signature photo, thats my mums splitty in the back ground, musta bin a dodgy dubbers meet