Author Topic: Going extraordinary lengths for things.  (Read 16147 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Going extraordinary lengths for things.
« Reply #60 on: 14 February 2019, 15:17 »
Sure, installed one first week the car arrived... the one from the Skoda parts site.

I need one of those in my life! Do you have a link?

Thanks
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 14 February 2019, 15:48 »
Says for manual as they don't do the wide DSG version for RHD. Works fine though, needs slight trim on the clips but 2 min job.

http://www.superskoda.com/Volkswagen/Golf-VII/VW-Golf-VII-MK7-GTi-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 14 February 2019, 15:51 »
Says for manual as they don't do the wide DSG version for RHD. Works fine though, needs slight trim on the clips but 2 min job.

http://www.superskoda.com/Volkswagen/Golf-VII/VW-Golf-VII-MK7-GTi-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION
Perfect, thanks.  :cool:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 14 February 2019, 15:59 »
Right, that's it, I'm ordering a footrest.

Not sure whether to go black badges or not??

Haha, that didn't take much convincing! I would personally leave the badges red but Jim put some black badgeskins ones on his previous GTI and they did look good.

Sorry, I mean the VW badge. The GTI will be staying red.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 14 February 2019, 16:02 »
How hideously expensive is the Clubsport wheel/shifter?

Steering wheel: £600
Gear knob and gaiter: £317

Eye watering like everything else on the car. Belvedere alloys £718 each.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #65 on: 14 February 2019, 18:00 »
Ouch! Expensive mods but worth it.
A nice warm fluffy steering wheel on a cold winters morning is bliss!  :grin:

Make the next mod a cheapie, Audi 12v socket cover at around £8  :cool:
For something so small and simple it makes a big difference to the interior. (I might be overselling it a bit)

@ Watts, the darkened tails make a big visual difference which you’ll appreciate when admiring the car whenever you look at it. Bear in mind they’ll be worth a few quid when you sell them back on again offsetting a lot of the cost unlike wine or beer which just goes round the U bend or over someone’s front lawn on the way home from the pub.  :whistle:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 14 February 2019, 18:30 »
Pics of said 12v cover needed  :laugh:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 14 February 2019, 19:02 »
Pics of said 12v cover needed  :laugh:

At the risk of boring everyone's arses off further, here's a few more shots of the car just after its Sunday bath.

The fluffy steering wheel cover:

The roof from my roof:

If you look closely you can see where they've made weight savings on the Fuchs alloys, around the bolt and hub area is much thinner casting and even the rim area seems to have been shaved back to the wonderful S001's look like they have huge rim protectors:

The furry seats, even though they're not the much desired buckets they're really grippy and comfy:

And last of all, my one and only addition to the cabin ambience:

And a closer shot from the side through a dirty window as I couldn't get back far enough outside:

Much as I like the wheels I'm a bit paranoid they'll get wrecked so might well buy a set of replica Brescias (sp?) or Pretorias to run over winter, it won't matter too much if I wreck one or more of those, plus the replicas normally have a bit more aggressive offset than OEM wheels.

The hanging baskets and pots were used as props and come courtesy of my next door neighbours. They've kindly put one up on the garage too which I'll probably inadvertently end up eating or knocking myself out on at some stage.

I can’t get logged in to my photobucket for some reason and Flickr is a faff so see the above quote from a few years ago.
There’s loads on eBay or probably cheaper from your local TPS or even Audi dealer.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 14 February 2019, 20:05 »
I'm running my Austin alloys now with some winter rubber on them. Can't wait for it to get warmer so I can the proper alloys on.

Lightweight wheels are such an underrated mod.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #69 on: 14 February 2019, 21:38 »
@ Watts, the darkened tails make a big visual difference which you’ll appreciate when admiring the car whenever you look at it. Bear in mind they’ll be worth a few quid when you sell them back on again offsetting a lot of the cost unlike wine or beer which just goes round the U bend or over someone’s front lawn on the way home from the pub.  :whistle:

Wine and beer is rather nice though, especially with some pork scratchings :smiley:

I did consider the value of the parts if I sell them later but good to hear it from someone else and yes, they will look good. Shall I, hmmmm, maybe, perhaps, possibly :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.