Author Topic: 17 year old GTI mk4 quote....  (Read 11366 times)

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
Re: 17 year old GTI mk4 quote....
« Reply #20 on: 15 November 2008, 11:13 »
tbh mate, you aint go no experience and you are driving a turbo car straight away, the reason the insurance is high becuase you will more than likely hurt yourself, and someone else. Then becuase your insurance is void they wont pay out for the other persons threatment when you put them in a wheelchair becuase your an idiot that wanted a too big car straight away.

No offence for the rant, but your an idiot, wake up!

Offline T1 11JKE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 15 November 2008, 12:29 »
good luck with what ever you choose to do, but to be honest, if u havnt gt any ncb then you are gona wana build them up asap other wise ur renewal will NEVER drop, id settle 4 the corsa on 3rd party fire n thief 4 a year or two then move up (insurance would be about a grand with ur mom as a named driver), cos 9 times outa 10 a new driver is gona crash, bas n scrap there 1st car, if you want power then try getting a toyota starlet there 1.3turbos, so ther fast and cheap insurance, however there imports and f**kin ugly!!!! lol,

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #22 on: 15 November 2008, 14:06 »
tbh mate, you aint go no experience and you are driving a turbo car straight away, the reason the insurance is high becuase you will more than likely hurt yourself, and someone else. Then becuase your insurance is void they wont pay out for the other persons threatment when you put them in a wheelchair becuase your an idiot that wanted a too big car straight away.

No offence for the rant, but your an idiot, wake up!

mikestar, you gone from gangsta to godfather  :laugh: :grin: :kiss:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2008, 11:45 »
I can tell you now for free that at 17 and new driver you will not be getting insured on a 1.8T MK4 GTI unless you "front" or want to pay £5+ insurance. We have all been there, myself starting off with a little 93' Clio. at 20 I got the MK4 GTI and then 21 got the MK5. All got to start somewhere :(

(I sound like a right old fart :()

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 20 November 2008, 23:10 »
I can tell you now for free that at 17 and new driver you will not be getting insured on a 1.8T MK4 GTI unless you "front" or want to pay £5+ insurance. We have all been there, myself starting off with a little 93' Clio. at 20 I got the MK4 GTI and then 21 got the MK5. All got to start somewhere :(

(I sound like a right old fart :()

£5+ would break the bank.

Basically you said you're going to front your insurance policy on a PUBLIC forum. Nice one!

I had a 106 to start with, then when I was 18 got a 1.8 Golf MK2 then movedto a GTI and now drive a Golf Turbo and i'm 20.

Offline Ashley

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 22 November 2008, 20:46 »
get yourself a 1.4/1.6 for a couple of years then see where you're at with ncb etc.. that's what I'm doing.

'Pretty sure people have set you straight on the fronting info, just remember what everyone said if you do choose to do it and something bad happens  :smiley:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #26 on: 23 November 2008, 00:09 »
You're an idiot if you do that, only a complete jackass would do fronting.

I've got a 1.8 Mk3 Golf, not fast but it's not slow either, instead of going for the speed approach though, I've gone for the looks instead, at least Dubbers have the slogan "Low and slow" now I'm not low yet but will be in a month or two lol!

Just make it look good, then think about other cars later on down the line.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2008, 13:48 »
be the main driver with your parents as named drivers. it wont be that much more expensive than if you were a named driver. Also the car is in your name and your the main driver, which is cool!

not sure what you said, like £2200 or something for 1l corsa!?!? sounds like thats way over the odds there. should be less than £1000.

you can get NCB as a named driver though, only with certain insurance companies. And you can get away with being a named driver if you want to save more money. I have done it and so have many of my m8s. I even crashed, as have some off my m8s and all was good. But my renewal is coming up next week, so i will put the car in my name.

LL ;)

Offline techno-len

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 23 November 2008, 21:23 »
if ur gonna front it by 100 quid sh!tter insure it n leave it sat on the drive then go on ur mums insurance on the golf, that way u get no claims bonus and it looks so much more unlikely your fronting the policies, proving your fronting is near on impossible this way ur makin their life even harder  :wink:

Offline spacerat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 23 November 2008, 22:16 »
i never had any probs driving as a named driver in 7 years, i have now got my own insurance as i thought at 24 it was prob about time i did, guess i was just lucky eh