Author Topic: Castle coombe 30th april  (Read 5049 times)

Offline benjc

• Not said much yet
Re: Castle coombe 30th april
« Reply #10 on: 27 April 2012, 21:26 »
your right the action day is tommorow. the track day through apex is on monday, thats the one im doing.
the action day is a show with track sessions. still should be fun rain or shine

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2012, 09:32 »
The Action Days are great, provided you are confident on the track. 

There will be a lot of goons out there with atrociously set up cars, who have no idea what they're doing and if it's wet, they will spin a lot.  This is funny.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline benjc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2012, 22:42 »
yeah would of been funny to watch as it was wet.

ok so its been and gone all without any problems apart from wearing the front tyres to the wear bars. swapped around at lunch.

it was a well organised day with only one or two accidents wich were cleared up quickly.

the track was very wet until about 11ish, so i went out straight away in the wet to see what it was lik, not nice standing water and very slipery into the first chicane but still managed to do well and stayed out for to long (nearly 40 mins) but it was all good.

after it had dried thats when things started getting fun. the brakes were great and the ducting i fitted made a really good improvement, forgot my temp gun but i didnt need that to tell me they werent overheating. we were doing roughly 15 minutes then coming in to cool down then straight back out.

did a total of 145miles on track and over a tank of fuel. also had some real fun with my mate trying to stay with me in his 205, during that run out we managed a few 1 min 26 laps wich was good. and hitting about 120mph up avon rise. but didnt have the balls to go over avon over 100 really. maybe next time.

had a great day and a good chat to the organiser at then end who said he would do a discount if we wanted to make a group booking on any of there days. anyone Keen????

some photos here of mine and any other cars doing the day if anyones interested

http://www.motorsportinfocus.co.uk/Apex%20Castle%20Combe%2030.04.12/album/

thanks Ben.