Author Topic: ko4-001 vs ko3s  (Read 19935 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: ko4-001 vs ko3s
« Reply #20 on: 21 March 2011, 22:34 »
personally i would recommend hybrid over k04 all day long.. if a proper company hybrid you can get 260bhp all day long.. plus you dont need to change anything on the car other than the usual intercooler etc etc
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline porter_89

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 21 March 2011, 22:34 »
yea thats all i want out of my golf mate i think thats plenty and as its a direct bolt on its a more bonus
1.8t-aum-stage 1 remap wagen worx-CAI-demon motorsport TIP-black forge 007P,H.I.D's 6000k-front badgless bonnet bra-r32 reps(selling soon)-m3 rear lights,dropped on JOM coilovers with fk drop links-3" turbo back exhaust-FMIC ordered SOLD SOLD SOLD

to do:
Bbs lm reps want now haha r32 wheels for sale soon pm me if interested

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #22 on: 21 March 2011, 22:36 »
just dont use a sh!t company because they cheaper.. pay proper money and get a proper turbo.. some companies form people ive spoke to who have run hybrids have been using turbo casing off jap crap turbos fom ebay  :sick:

buy right buy once mate
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #23 on: 21 March 2011, 22:37 »
Golf inability to corner? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Just go into the bend properly and control that throttle. Plus theres the famous saying:

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Also tech I heard you are having trouble driving your tractor by overloading it  :grin: :tongue:
« Last Edit: 21 March 2011, 22:48 by golf-sib »

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline porter_89

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 21 March 2011, 22:48 »
yea will do mate i will get it from the place nick at r tech got his so proper company

cheers
1.8t-aum-stage 1 remap wagen worx-CAI-demon motorsport TIP-black forge 007P,H.I.D's 6000k-front badgless bonnet bra-r32 reps(selling soon)-m3 rear lights,dropped on JOM coilovers with fk drop links-3" turbo back exhaust-FMIC ordered SOLD SOLD SOLD

to do:
Bbs lm reps want now haha r32 wheels for sale soon pm me if interested

Offline vwfiend

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 21 March 2011, 23:06 »

Just go into the bend properly and control that throttle. Plus theres the famous saying:

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Also tech I heard you are having trouble driving your tractor by overloading it  :grin: :tongue:

It goes round corners mate but not anywhere near as well as say a teg. For instance, a corner that I can hit at 80 max in the golf, my mates teg will do at 90 with ease............. And on the straight there is next to no difference between his 4 grand for the lot outta the box and my 3K of mods on top of purchase price

Offline Jayz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 21 March 2011, 23:47 »
Dont mean to hijack the thread guys but if I wanted to go k04-001 what would I need? I have a 1.8t AGU so im guessing that i have a k03? i'm only after 250-300bhp aint really got the money for a big turbo yet.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #27 on: 22 March 2011, 08:08 »
K04-001 bolts straight on, you need bigger cc injectors to cope with the fueling and a remap. I also believe you can use AGU injectors with a 4bar pump and FBR, but this needs to be confirmed.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline +49

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 22 March 2011, 13:49 »

It goes round corners mate but not anywhere near as well as say a teg. For instance, a corner that I can hit at 80 max in the golf, my mates teg will do at 90 with ease............. And on the straight there is next to no difference between his 4 grand for the lot outta the box and my 3K of mods on top of purchase price

If your referring to an Intera DC2 then its not really fair,The golf is a comfortable cruiser with "ok" handling a good rise..

The teg is a 1100KG odd car with hardly any sound proofing a super peeky engine and is more race car than anything( i do indeed love them and intend to own one day :D ) Oh add its generally regarded as the best FWD handling car in the world by many people  :wink: so comparing to the humble allready which is the golf mk4 (regardless of how many mods) it won't handle as good