Author Topic: My Rocco, Kermit!!  (Read 30096 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: My Rocco, Kermit!!
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2013, 00:08 »
Engine cover looks really good and a nice match :afro:

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2013, 05:45 »
Great job with the rear diffuser.

Offline R5MEE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2013, 06:16 »
X2  I need to pluck up the courage to paint a couple of my bits :whistle: but always resort to wrapping  What primer/paint combo did you use?

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2013, 07:19 »
Engine cover looks great!! As does the rear defuser  :smiley:

' like '

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2013, 20:07 »
X2  I need to pluck up the courage to paint a couple of my bits :whistle: but always resort to wrapping  What primer/paint combo did you use?
I'm the opposite, as I've never bought any vinyl wrap! :grin:

It's just halfords grey primer and metallic black paint. Nothing special, but provides the right look at a fraction of the cost of a bodyshop :smiley: Anything bigger, or more visible, and I think it would be unwise to rattle can it up though! :laugh:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2013, 19:50 »
Subtle changes make all the difference :afro:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 25 July 2013, 15:30 »
Time for a mighty update :cool:

There were a few little cosmetic things that I wanted to get sorted on the Rocco, that I felt would sharpen up the look. So I went from this...

To this.

And this...

To this.

And those famous last words of 'I'm not gonna do too much modding', well I got my hands on a Scirocco R exhaust. I took it over to my mate (who is the godfather of metal fabrication) and he welded on an adapter.

This is due to the R pipe work having a thicker diameter to that of the GT models. After angle grinding my back box off, I got the R back box bolted into place.

My god are the pipes wide apart :shocked: I ended up having to take a saw blade to the bumper, in order to accommodate the pipes!! It's a temporary measure, as I'm waiting for an R-line rear bumper to come up for sale. Anyway, here's the end product :smiley:

Made an appearance at inters as well. Met up with a couple familiar faces, and met some new ones :smiley:
For those that went, you would know how awesome the weather was! :cool: Anyway, here are a couple pics that I took whilst there...

And I even got my car washed, for free :laugh:

Gleaming!!!!! :kiss:

On my list of jobs now for my bright green frog are:
-Front splitter
-Rline skirts
-Rline rear
-Interior dash trim hydroprinted
So only a couple things :whistle: :grin:
« Last Edit: 06 September 2013, 20:34 by sveed1.8T »

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 06 September 2013, 20:33 »
Finally sorted out getting my personalised number plate switched over to the Rocco! Whilst I was at Inters, I invested in some German pressed plates, as the style has grown on me considerably. I also purchased some german number plate stickers to give that more authentic feel :smiley:

I can also tick off one of the jobs I had previously listed. I sent my interior trim off to be hydroprinted. Now this will divide opinion, and if I'm honest, I was unsure to begin with, but now i'm loving it! Here it is...

SNAKESKIN!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I really fancied something different, as everyone with a Rocco appears to go down the 'piano black' route like the R model, or a lot of people in general go for carbon fibre effect :rolleyes: "Why snakeskin?!" Some of you will ask. Well, it's certainly not random... The paint code of my car is 'Viper' green. I'll leave it at that :wink:

Comments welcome :smiley:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #18 on: 06 September 2013, 20:40 »
have fun with the polis on them plates  :lipsrsealed: 3 strikes and bye bye  private reg, hello ! plate  :shocked: :sick:

but the interior is  :cool: :afro:

Offline cobalt6700

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 07 September 2013, 08:41 »
That snakeskin looks  :cool: nicely done.

1993 GTI 8v 5dr matt black and green - the 'sh!tball rally car'
1997 GTI 8v 3dr metalic black - the daily driver
2002 3DR 1.8T AUM silver - the new daily
1993 Jeep cherokee 4L - the weapon :D