Author Topic: Comments on water beading please  (Read 6388 times)

Offline david25

• I live here
Re: Comments on water beading please
« Reply #10 on: 03 June 2018, 10:08 »
After a very long delay, here is the Bilt Hamber Finis Wax result, beading is a bit smaller and consistent

The large pools are from overnight rain and the picture being taken in the morning.
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2018, 14:08 »
I have used Finis in the past and the water beads have all been tight and perfect. If you had told me that was 4 month old Finis then I would have believed you, I’m not sure why they aren’t all like this:

That is Fusso Soft 99 but I have achieved the same results using Finis.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 June 2018, 23:12 »
I have used Finis in the past and the water beads have all been tight and perfect. If you had told me that was 4 month old Finis then I would have believed you, I’m not sure why they aren’t all like this:

I’ve used Fusso Coat Dark 12 Months Wax (name is misleading as its actually a sealant :smiley:). IMO it’s very good value and is the most hydrophobic product I’ve used on my car. The beading is very impressive and the water beads are very tight and consistently sized. I found it gives good protection for around 6 months without any topping up, although I’d question whether 12 months protection is a realistic claim.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/fusso-coat-dark-200g/prod_1730.html

There’s also a ‘Light’ version for light coloured cars.

I also rate Collinite 845 Insulator Wax; very keenly priced and no frills packaging and as it’s a liquid, application is very easy on, easy off. Gives a good 3-4 months protection and good tight beading. It’s not the nicest smelling wax, and the packaging is very plain, but I’m more interested in good performance than a fancy perfumed scent or fancy packaging.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-no-845-insulator-wax/prod_208.html
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2018, 23:47 »
I've tried many many waxes/sealants inc DW favourites like Colly 476s and FK1000p and I have settled on Fusso Coat Light as my ultimate wax for durability, ease of use and price. If they go out of business I will have to buy a whole case of tubs :grin:

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2018, 13:14 »

Hi, thanks for the comparison, it might be because the rain water was about 10 hours old when I took the picture and had formed bigger blobs by then.
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black