Author Topic: 90 bhp tdi over fueling????  (Read 1177 times)

Offline sam1990

• Not said much yet
90 bhp tdi over fueling????
« on: 29 September 2012, 17:26 »
as said in the title 90brake tdi is over fueling, started off with coil light flashing which turned out to be the fuel pump so that was changed along with the injectors and now there is no fault codes but its still over fueling which was happening before the parts were changed so i dont think its down the the pump or injector,, is there any other known reason for the tdi's to over fuel?? any sensors or anything?? im also thinking it may have jumped a tooth on the timing belt??

any suggestions would be great
and thanks in advance

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
Re: 90 bhp tdi over fueling????
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2012, 23:04 »
what makes you think its over fuelling? the fuel quantity per injector can be adjusted slightly using vag com. also if the fuel pump had jumped a tooth on the belt the car would either run very poorly or not atall. the only thing i would suggest is the coolant temp sensor has had it but this would throw a fault code up.
i think i love you.....

Offline sam1990

• Not said much yet
Re: 90 bhp tdi over fueling????
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2012, 00:06 »
ive sorted it now it had skipped a tooth on the belt, i knew it was over fueling by the sound of the engine, the fuel pump was running at 16.2 rather that between 3 and 9 with no more adjustment witch pretty much confirmed the skipped tooth without even looking, its had a new belt and water pump today and running like a dream again :)