Author Topic: Hi guys. I’ve bought my first Golf GTi  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Cerec1

• Just got here
Hi guys. I’ve bought my first Golf GTi
« on: 24 February 2018, 07:38 »
Just bought my first ever Golf at the age of 60!
2017 GTi Mark 7.5 in red with 6 speed gearbox. Ex demo from JCT in York. A long drive from Bristol but I wanted a red 5 door and £5K plus off the price of New was worth the trip.
Love it at the mo. Traded an 2016 Audi RS3 which was crazy fast but somehow a bit uninvolving to drive. Steering always felt remote.
TBH I fell out of love with that Car when some kind person keyed 3 panels on each side of the car :angry:

Anyway, any tips or advice on owning and getting the most from my GTi? 

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Hi guys. I’ve bought my first Golf GTi
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2018, 10:03 »
Nice one Cerec1, hope you're enjoying it! Big drop in power though? I'd thoroughly recommend fitting a pedal box, it really sharpens up the throttle response making the car feel more alive and eager. I also fitted a short shifter to mine which really improves the feel of the gear change. Very easy mod, nice and cheap too plus it was a genuine VW/Audi part (apparently it was an option on the TT) so it keeps it oem. About £46 from an Audi main dealer iirc. Otherwise I'd recommend Michelin PS4/S tyres (depending on wheel size), big difference with grip, noise and comfort!

If you haven't already, have a look over at the model specific section, pretty much everything you can think to ask has probably been covered before with the full range of expected replies (helpful, informative, irrelevant, funny, sarcastic.....) :smiley:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=117.0

And welcome to the forum!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2018, 12:57 »
Hello  :smiley:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2018, 13:20 »
Hello and welcome  :smiley:

I second Watts invitation to join us in the Mk7 specific forum, where you'll find lots of help, advice and banter.
7.5 GTD