Author Topic: New GTI owner  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Adam_Catchy

• Just got here
New GTI owner
« on: 11 June 2015, 15:50 »
Hi Everyone,

Very new to this, purchased a GTi mk6 a couple of months ago. Can't figure out how to post a picture, but its White, 3dr, 18" Monza wheels and cloth pattern interior.
Completely in love with the car, first time owning a Volkswagen and i'm very impressed!
Only thing i'm looking to do is the Revo Stage 1 just for a little more power as my mate has an R32.

One annoying thing though, strange rattle/tingy noise as soon as i lift my foot off the accelerator. Any idea?

Adam
« Last Edit: 11 June 2015, 15:53 by Adam_Catchy »

Offline h10_vwg

• Not said much yet
  • MK6 GTi and MK5 TDI
Re: New GTI owner
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2015, 16:28 »
Do you get like a squeaking noise? Like when you take your foot off off the clutch?

Hi Everyone,

Very new to this, purchased a GTi mk6 a couple of months ago. Can't figure out how to post a picture, but its White, 3dr, 18" Monza wheels and cloth pattern interior.
Completely in love with the car, first time owning a Volkswagen and i'm very impressed!
Only thing i'm looking to do is the Revo Stage 1 just for a little more power as my mate has an R32.

One annoying thing though, strange rattle/tingy noise as soon as i lift my foot off the accelerator. Any idea?

Adam

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2015, 17:47 »
Hi and welcome.  Congrats on your new MK6 GTI, look forward to seeing the pics  :smiley:

To post pics you'll need an account on a photo hosting site such as Flickr or Photobucket.  If Flickr - you need to copy and paste the BBC code for each pic into your forum post.  For photobucket, it's the IMG code you need to copy and paste.   Good luck!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Adam_Catchy

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2015, 18:18 »
Hi, no nothing like that. I can't hear it with the windows closed. As soon as I have them down I can hear it. I'm guessing it's exhaust related. It makes the noise all the way back down the Rev range.

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2015, 18:48 »
That noise most likely the wastegate rattle.Its a simple fix but some dealers aren't aware of this.It just requires a small clip fitting to the wastegate to stop it vibrating at certain revs.My mk6 was done under warranty but it can't cost much if you don't have a warranty.The clip is a VW part but I had to push my dealer to fit it as they hadn't had anyone requesting it before.Mine did it just at 2500 RPM.
If you do a search on here it should pull the threads about it up.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2015, 18:56 by AndyG »
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Adam_Catchy

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2015, 19:51 »
Thanks Andy, service next month so will make sure VW are aware of it. Hopefully they'll sort it.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2015, 12:15 »
Waste gate rod only rattles between 2500-3000 rpm. The clip is not expensive and easy to fit. I got mine done under warrenty but its a simple fix.
I would be more suspicious this is a boost leak from the DV valve.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.