Author Topic: Bye Bye GTD :(  (Read 3798 times)

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
Bye Bye GTD :(
« on: 30 June 2014, 09:34 »
Sad day yesterday,said goodbye to the GTD,owned her for 15 months and covered 18k and never had any issues even with giving her a VERY hard life,great car but don't think in reality it warrants being called a GTD in my personal opinion,Changed her for a Beetle Cabriolet 1.4 TSI 160 Design Fiance has always wanted one so i thought why not,Great little engine with the added bonus of being able to remap her to 210 with ease which i might do when covered a few miles.

Out with the old

In with the new
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Bye Bye GTD :(
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2014, 09:38 »
Which dealer did you trade it in at? Telford or Shrewsbury? Is the Golf a DSG?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2014, 09:46 »
Shrewsbury VW
6 speed manual :)
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2014, 09:56 »
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2014, 10:21 »

6 speed manual :)

:sad:

Thinking of chopping yours in for a DSG, dubber?  How many cars/vans does a man need  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2014, 10:31 »

Thinking of chopping yours in for a DSG, dubber?  How many cars/vans does a man need  :grin:

No, it's not for me. I wouldn't change it for another 6 anyway. It would soon loose that 'new car' feeling.

I often ask my wife how many pairs of shoes and cupboards full of clothes a woman needs. Perhaps you could shed some light on that mystery?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2014, 10:55 »

No, it's not for me. I wouldn't change it for another 6 anyway. It would soon loose that 'new car' feeling.

I often ask my wife how many pairs of shoes and cupboards full of clothes a woman needs. Perhaps you could shed some light on that mystery?

Touché  :laugh: 

Doubt there'd be any new car feeling with another mk6.

I've never much understood the whole shoe/handbag obsession thing, so not the best person to ask...........do have a few too many dresses though  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2014, 11:00 »
My wife thinks I have to many pairs of golf shoes don't say any thing but she is probably right  :evil:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 30 June 2014, 14:31 »
My wife thinks I have to many pairs of golf shoes don't say any thing but she is probably right  :evil:

You're ok charlie, sporting apparel doesn't count as it's a NECCESSITY  :wink:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2014, 15:30 »
Sad day yesterday,said goodbye to the GTD,owned her for 15 months and covered 18k and never had any issues even with giving her a VERY hard life,great car but don't think in reality it warrants being called a GTD in my personal opinion,Changed her for a Beetle Cabriolet 1.4 TSI 160 Design Fiance has always wanted one so i thought why not,Great little engine with the added bonus of being able to remap her to 210 with ease which i might do when covered a few miles.

Hope you enjoy the new toy! Got the 1.4 TSi in a Scirocco. Agree it pulls well and very smooth and readily tuneable as you say but don't expect the mpg advertised! I find the GTI more economical except around town - comparison 38mpg v 36 mpg in the golf overall under the same road conditions.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.