Author Topic: the saga continues ...my mk 6 heap of scrap  (Read 15153 times)

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
Re: the saga continues ...my mk 6 heap of scrap
« Reply #60 on: 06 October 2009, 22:13 »
So driving home from work tonight the issue arose, but in a more severe way. I knew coming to a junction the rpm was going to 'hang' and it did at around 1400 rpm. At a complete stop and out of gear the rpm then rose to over 2000 by itself before then dropping back to the normal 800....it's never revved itself like that before.

Actually no longer want to drive the car as I can't predict what it's going to do  :sad:

Will ring the dealer tomorrow and let them know this car is not safe to be used.

Offline DDRFan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #61 on: 06 October 2009, 22:45 »
hello again - unfortunately I have no practical advice to offer Adw555, i'm just avidly following this thread hoping to see an amicable resolution to this issue between the customer and the dealer.

what gets me puzzled is how there seems to be no apparent procedure in place to deem a car completely out of order. there still remains that possibility however unlikely and however new and however well it is looked after that the car is not serviceable. this thread was started in early September and there seems to be no obvious solution to it. what if after 100 visits to the garage the problem still occurs? it's just wasting the customer's time, and the garage's time, after all i expect they probably want to be dealing with the more straight-forward warranty cases and servicing (where they make some actual money) and things like that.

and i think many members posting here forget that for some of us £23k ish for a new GTI is not just spare change out of a back pocket, to some it might be several years of hard graft - is it fair you save up for years so you can afford a nice motor, and then when you get it the most important component in the car, the heart and soul - the engine - starts going batshiz crazy randomly and might be a danger to yourself and passengers and other road users? i guess nobody ever said life was fair, but to me this just smacks of taking the michael and would say the majority of us would be properly peed off if we were in this guy's shoes, we're just lucky it's not happened to us (yet) and we have cars that work

i disagree with percymon's comment about writing to magazines etc will achieve nothing. it's only by making these events well known that we can iron out any unfairness consumers experience. We are after all customers one way or another, and would we want to be treated like this? I know I hella wouldn't.

as for the claiming of loss of earnings and the travel - i would perhaps agree that you shouldn't necessarily take the mick with that, but the fact that time off work has been taken and the cost of fuel and any personal inconvenience is worth something in an argument even if you aren't physically claiming compensation for it. surely there can be a call of judgement to say when it gets to whatever number of visits is too many already?

i really hope this gets resolved.

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #62 on: 06 October 2009, 23:11 »
hello again - unfortunately I have no practical advice to offer Adw555, i'm just avidly following this thread hoping to see an amicable resolution to this issue between the customer and the dealer.

what gets me puzzled is how there seems to be no apparent procedure in place to deem a car completely out of order. there still remains that possibility however unlikely and however new and however well it is looked after that the car is not serviceable. this thread was started in early September and there seems to be no obvious solution to it. what if after 100 visits to the garage the problem still occurs? it's just wasting the customer's time, and the garage's time, after all i expect they probably want to be dealing with the more straight-forward warranty cases and servicing (where they make some actual money) and things like that.

and i think many members posting here forget that for some of us £23k ish for a new GTI is not just spare change out of a back pocket, to some it might be several years of hard graft - is it fair you save up for years so you can afford a nice motor, and then when you get it the most important component in the car, the heart and soul - the engine - starts going batshiz crazy randomly and might be a danger to yourself and passengers and other road users? i guess nobody ever said life was fair, but to me this just smacks of taking the michael and would say the majority of us would be properly peed off if we were in this guy's shoes, we're just lucky it's not happened to us (yet) and we have cars that work

i disagree with percymon's comment about writing to magazines etc will achieve nothing. it's only by making these events well known that we can iron out any unfairness consumers experience. We are after all customers one way or another, and would we want to be treated like this? I know I hella wouldn't.

as for the claiming of loss of earnings and the travel - i would perhaps agree that you shouldn't necessarily take the mick with that, but the fact that time off work has been taken and the cost of fuel and any personal inconvenience is worth something in an argument even if you aren't physically claiming compensation for it. surely there can be a call of judgement to say when it gets to whatever number of visits is too many already?

i really hope this gets resolved.

Very Well Said....

This is why I won't buy another new car fron VAG.... I have had too Many Run-Ins with their crappy Stealers...

The Only Way I ever got things sorted was by taking the matter to a much higher level and ultimatley with Audi UK...

Dont get me wrong I love VAG cars and currently run tmo a Mk2 Golf & an S2 Coupe....

Both are what I call proper VAG Cars before they were run by accoutants back in Germany...

Also Bear In Mind all the Stealers will be doing is passing on the warranty claims to VAG I bet you they are not losing a single penny out of this situation...

adw555

I would drop the car off and tell them that there is no way you want that car back and take the matter futher...

I would in fact park it right outside the stealers front door and DEMAND to see the MD or Whoever Is In Charge and don't move it...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #63 on: 07 October 2009, 23:49 »
I see someone on another forum managed to reject their new golf and get their money back.
It was on paint issues rather than intermittent faults but it might give you an idea of how to go about it!

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79652
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #64 on: 08 October 2009, 13:00 »
This thread has been running for 4 weeks and the car was 6 weeks old at the start - sort yourself out with the rejection letter NOW, the longer you ponder the less your chances of a full refund or replacement car.

Do it !

Offline Radek

• GTI forum regular
  • Good things come to those who wait
« Reply #65 on: 08 October 2009, 16:15 »
This thread has been running for 4 weeks and the car was 6 weeks old at the start - sort yourself out with the rejection letter NOW, the longer you ponder the less your chances of a full refund or replacement car.

Do it !
Absolutely!
You have rights as a consumer. Don't let them talk warranty issues. They sold you a product that is not right! The seller has the responsibility to sort it out. If you have given them 3 chances and they have failed to rectify a problem then you can and it your case should reject the car as not of satisfactory quality / not as described (it didn't say in advert- would break every week, did it?)
Send the letter now.
If that helps:

I am writing to you with regard to my new xxx which I purchased from xxx on xxx.
Immediately after taking delivery I noticed several faults which are detailed below. The car was returned to the service department on xxx to attend to these matters.
The faults remain which are of great concern to me on a brand new vehicle for this price which should be perfect.
Firstly, there are numerous xxx.
I’m sure you will agree that this situation is unacceptable on a new vehicle. It is of great concern to me that this could be the beginning of a fault that can only get worse over time.
I am willing to give your company one more chance to resolve these problems in full and permanently such that they do not re-occur. I am sure that you will agree that such problems are unacceptable and disappointing in a brand new car.
The Supply of Goods Act 1994 requires that a vehicle 'be of satisfactory quality, having regard to its age and price paid.'
If another attempt to fully and finally correct the faults detailed above is not successful I will reject the vehicle and demand either a replacement car to the same specification or a full refund.
I look forward to your early reply in writing, within a maximum of seven days.
Golf GTI VI DSG - died on the road, resurrected, came back as zombi, sold
R - rising blue, 5-door, DSG, ACC, something something...