Author Topic: anyone else started using bp ultimate ?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
anyone else started using bp ultimate ?
« on: 20 August 2009, 21:20 »
So this occassional issue I have with an idle that is too high (happened twice this week) started after I filled up with super unleaded. Picked up the car from the dealer on the monday (who had put ordinary 95 in it), filled it with the BP 97 stuff on thursday night and had issue for the first time on the Friday...

could just be a coincidence....I might try running on 95 for a tank or two to see if the problem goes away...unfortunately nothing comes up when the dealer attaches vagcom.

Ran my mk 5 GTI on ultimate for the whole 4 years I had it and never had an issue..so I doubt it is the problem  :undecided:

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: anyone else started using bp ultimate ?
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2009, 23:14 »
So this occassional issue I have with an idle that is too high (happened twice this week) started after I filled up with super unleaded. Picked up the car from the dealer on the monday (who had put ordinary 95 in it), filled it with the BP 97 stuff on thursday night and had issue for the first time on the Friday...

could just be a coincidence....I might try running on 95 for a tank or two to see if the problem goes away...unfortunately nothing comes up when the dealer attaches vagcom.

Ran my mk 5 GTI on ultimate for the whole 4 years I had it and never had an issue..so I doubt it is the problem  :undecided:

tho 18 pages of super vs regular seem to have proved that the Mk5 and Mk6 engines are different and the Mk6 is engineered for 95 RON.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!