Author Topic: RNS 510 DAB E  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Olifran

• GTI forum regular
RNS 510 DAB E
« on: 13 February 2014, 16:14 »
Hi
With so many versions of the RNS 510 about I'm quite clueless as to what are the latest standards.
I have seen an RNS 510 DAB on eBay at revision E.
I'm toying with buying it but want to know what version E is?
Is it the latest? Will it have been made in 2013 ect

Thanks in advance
Chris.
Now - MK7.5 R in Pure White with DCC.
Gone - 2014 Mk7 GTI DSG Pure White - Discover Nav - Park Assist - Winter Pack.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: RNS 510 DAB E
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2014, 08:03 »
The very latest version are dab. If the ones your looking at rns510 with dab then they will have been built within the last year.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2014, 22:43 »
I just bought a 1T0035686E which has dab the 2014 maps and ssd i believe. Was pricey mind but works nicely. I already had a dab rcd510 so didnt want to lose the dab functionality although it has a better dab implementation like dab TA.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline dieselman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2014, 09:41 »
I just bought a 1T0035686E which has dab the 2014 maps and ssd i believe. Was pricey mind but works nicely. I already had a dab rcd510 so didnt want to lose the dab functionality although it has a better dab implementation like dab TA.
Hi mate

I have just added an E unit too and was wondering have you ever had any album covers pop up along side the radio text?

Scott :smiley:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2014, 10:06 »
Hi mate

I have just added an E unit too and was wondering have you ever had any album covers pop up along side the radio text?

Nope haven't seen that. Radio or mp3 via USB?

Offline dieselman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2014, 21:58 »
Hi mate

Nope haven't seen that. Radio or mp3 via USB?
It came up via london capital on the DAB station(don't know if you get that channel or not?)
you have to have the DAB logo next to the radio text

scott

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2014, 22:11 »
I have seen the vacant sort of logos next to DAB stations but not a populated one. Will look more.

Offline dieselman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2014, 11:47 »
I have seen the vacant sort of logos next to DAB stations but not a populated one. Will look more.
Pictures like this!!!

but you also get album artwork too sometimes

scott

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2014, 12:14 »
Mine doesn't display those. It has the place holder for them mind. I wonder why?